Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

DirectX 12

If you have a very fast graphics card which has much headroom left, then you might benefit from higher fps.

I have 3090 cards in my 2 view pc’s and in P3Dv5 I got a 15-20% boost in performance.

So I suspect MSFS will also give you higher FPS with fast graphics cards....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

No.  Asobo already said MSFS probably won't have a significant FPS boost with DirectX 12.  Sorry, I don't have the link.  But it was in one of their Twitch Q&As, I think from last year.  You can go search for it if you want.  

That Twitch Q&A was a while ago, but I believe it was either Jorg or Seb who said it.

You're partially correct; they've said all the possible FPSes gained by DX12 will be used to apply more new stuff.

Which means there'll be gains but we won't see them as bonus FPSes but as something more useful. 

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

start trying to figure out how they are going to come up with $1800 to buy one in today's market. 

Own some NVIDIA shares at the moment when they announce better availability and you will be rich enough to buy the best rig on the market. That way, you participate in their success while the stock market finances the surcharge you have to pay.

Just now, mrueedi said:

Own some NVIDIA shares at the moment when they announce better availability and you will be rich enough to buy the best rig on the market. That way, you participate in their success while the stock market finances the surcharge you have to pay.

Or you could always start mining bit coins. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

3 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

What do you think? Will the FPS number rise when they implement DirectX 12 to the sim?

Theoretically it should. But I will say, let's wait and see until summer, it just couple of months aways 😉

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

40 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It's simple, people will try DX 12 , find out they need a new GPU to run it properly  and start trying to figure out how they are going to come up with $1800 to buy one in today's market. 

Exactly!  This is why I hope we get an option or a toggle switch like with Aerofly 2, otherwise some users of older cards will be pushed out if they can't afford to upgrade.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

40 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Theoretically it should. But I will say, let's wait and see until summer, it just couple of months aways 😉

Is summer confirmed for DX12 though? I noticed that in the last roadmaps they removed "Summer" and now it's just 2021.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

A rule of thumb - outdated hardware will never benefit from the new generation software. The same will be with the DX12.

I thought i also has to do with Raytracing implementation & resource management?

Victor Roos

Don't really want any more FPS to be honest, jus want it smooth. Like Vulkan achieved for XPlane. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

DX12 is needed for XBOX, and as the devs stated in a Q&A last year for the full implementation PBR and DLSS not for performance gain. 

But how could a DLSS implementation not impact performance in a positive way? That's the whole point of the feature

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

Is summer confirmed for DX12 though? I noticed that in the last roadmaps they removed "Summer" and now it's just 2021.

Not really sure but I will guess it will come with the X-Box release or sometimes after that but my guess is for sure this year 😬

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

But how could a DLSS implementation not impact performance in a positive way? That's the whole point of the feature

DX12 does not mean DLSS..  you can have DX12 without that.. and since Microsoft and XBOX are deeply into AMD technology for the XBOX.. I find it doubtful they would go with an Nvidea solution that doesnt work on AMD?  I would have thought they would much more likely wait and go for FidelityFX SR when it becomes available ( If they want those features to start with).

Graham

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

7 hours ago, eaim said:

You maybe right, but IIRC LR claimed that simmers shouldn't expect a significant FPS increase when they were implementing Vulkan into Xplane11, what happened? Simmers got a significant FPS increase as it happened. I think this claim by Asobo is so that we don't expect too much performance increase, but are pleasantly surprised... Everyone wins. This is what happened to me on Xplane11.

I suppose they were moving from a slow and cumbersome OpenCL to a modern API like Vulkan, so who knows what performance increase we might gain?  Similarly P3D v5 received a rather massive increase when LM moved P3D from V4 (DirectX 11) to V5 (DirectX 12) so I'm choosing to be hopeful and positive about the move of MSFS to DirectX 12

" what happened? Simmers got a significant FPS increase as it happened"...

not for me, no notable change at all either in FPS or smoothness.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K