Sign in to follow this  
mSparks

Simulator clouds

4 minutes ago, mSparks said:

/overide_clouds

Thanks

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

24 minutes ago, peroni said:

Ok so the complete answer would be, Librain works under Vulkan if you have the TBM900 and only for that plane.

The generic Librain plugin used by all the other planes does not work under Vulkan. 
Is this correct?

librain was updated to work under Vulkan and Metal.  The images I posted were on a Mac using Metal, due to DJJose also running X-Plane on a Mac.  The settings are different on Windows.  On Windows, the librain settings need to be set to "low".  For the time being, they won't work on any other setting.  This is a Windows issue that needs to be worked on by Saso so he can make it fully compatible.  

As for librain working on other add ons, that's up to the developers of those add ons.  All the tools and the code is provided on the github repository.

8 minutes ago, GoranM said:

librain was updated to work under Vulkan and Metal.  The images I posted were on a Mac using Metal, due to DJJose also running X-Plane on a Mac.  The settings are different on Windows.  On Windows, the librain settings need to be set to "low".  For the time being, they won't work on any other setting.  This is a Windows issue that needs to be worked on by Saso so he can make it fully compatible.  

As for librain working on other add ons, that's up to the developers of those add ons.  All the tools and the code is provided on the github repository.

Ok but the latest compiled plugin is from January 2019, pre-Vulkan. I don't think any other developer figured out a way to compile it.

In practical terms, rain effects with Vulkan are only available for planes developed by Saso. Is this correct?
Does anybody know of any other plane that has a working rain effect with Vulkan?

Edited by peroni

20 minutes ago, peroni said:

Ok but the latest compiled plugin is from January 2019, pre-Vulkan. I don't think any other developer figured out a way to compile it.

That, I'm not sure about.  I just checked, and the last bunch of commits range from 5 months ago to 2 months ago.  

My coding knowledge is quite limited, but afaik, everything should be there for other devs to use.  If Saso needs to do more work on it, ie. compiling, then it's unlikely it'll happen until after the CL650 is finished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

Negative. No MAC here. Win 10 latest version.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, Victoroos said:

I came here for nice cloud pictures...

Wrong forum. (Sorry, couldn't resist.😂)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

Negative. No MAC here. Win 10 latest version.

Honestly thought you were on a Mac. In that case, set your visual effects for librain to low. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Victoroos said:

I came here for nice cloud pictures...

x-plane-2021-01-10-01-39-36.jpg

x-plane-2021-01-10-01-50-55.jpg

x-plane-2021-02-06-00-52-18.jpg

x-plane-2021-01-26-22-54-16.jpg

x-plane-2021-02-06-22-02-30.jpg

x-plane-2021-02-20-23-09-33.jpg

x-plane-2020-09-16-00-36-47-2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Creatore di * FS9 Supersky * ( plugin Atmo Ambient Environment ).
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment plugin ) creatore.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, (new) GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit
--------------- --------------------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, GoranM said:

Honestly thought you were on a Mac. In that case, set your visual effects for librain to low. 

The option to configure effects is not on my menu. So the million dollar question continues to be, how do I set librain plugin to LOW.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

13 hours ago, mSparks said:

confused face.

Which XP shot to match the RW?

Try an XP shot with one of those "experimental" clouds...because default won't cut it.

10 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Try an XP shot with one of those "experimental" clouds...because default won't cut it.

well, from the cockpit

ApBEo4Z.png

seemed to match

hwdS8gZ.png

azlAMgt.png

pretty closely to me.

What do you think should be different?

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

The option to configure effects is not on my menu. So the million dollar question continues to be, how do I set librain plugin to LOW.

Thanks.

It's exactly the same steps, except where it would say ON or OFF on a Mac (in the images I posted), it will say LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, or AUTO on a Windows PC.  Select LOW

Edited by GoranM

@DJJose do you have the Hotstart TBM900? The option that Goran mentioned above is only available for that product. 

What @peroni said.  From what I understand, other developers need to follow suit and implement the same thing to their add ons.

• Like 1