Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Which career add on?

I’m trying to list all of them so I can really compare them. 

So far I’ve got

Air Hauler 2

Skypark

FSEconomy

On Air

im sure there others...

Ciao!

OnAir for me. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I have Skypark, FS ATC Chatter,Sky Elite FS Map Tool,MSFS Opus

64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor,AMD Ryzen7 5800X 8 Kernprozessor 3,8GHz  64GB RAM  NVIDIA GFORCE 2060 16GB

2mal 500GB SSD 2mal 1000GB SSD

I have AH2, OnAir and Neofly All tested . It´s hard to say which one is "the best". I mean, Ah2 is feature wise the winner, but I don´t particularly enjoy it the most, can´t say why. On Air has a very polished UI and some QoL features I like for Airline management and is very good too, but .... On the other side, Neofly is free, features are limited, UI is basic and still, it somehow manages to give me something the other two can´t. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. To me, AH2 was a little cumbersome, OnAir too grindy and Neofly needs more features. At the end of the day I´d say,...Neofly not because it is a better piece of software but because remotely brings me some FsPassengers vibes back, not feeling I am behind a tycoon desk but adding to the flying experience itself.

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Iñigo Bildarratz

It depends on whether you want to be an airline manager of a virtual pilot.
Neofly, FSeconomy and Skypark concentrate on the pilotside of things. The first two are free which is a huge bonus. Skypark is promising but still limited at the moment.

I'd recommend Neofly. Immersion is the best at the moment, with consequences for hard landings and steep turns.

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, briansommers said:

I’m trying to list all of them so I can really compare them. 

So far I’ve got

Air Hauler 2

Skypark

FSEconomy

On Air

im sure there others...

Be sure to test whether they can utilise payware add-ons with locked out config files. Not all of them can do that, and if the one you choose can't, then you'll be stuck flying the default aeroplanes.

I'd say the best payware one is Air Hauler since it is a one price one time payment, but has a lot more features and ways to use them (or ignore them if you prefer) than other offerings. It benefits from having a very accessible developer who stays right on top of changes to the main sim, and this is critical considering how nebulous Asobo are when it comes to staying on track and breaking features of the main sim.

The best free one is NeoFly, as it too offers quite a lot for a freebie, and of course you can't object to its price, so there is nothing to lose in giving that one a try, which is easy to do. 

You can see a feature overview of Air Hauler in this video on my review channel if you want to know what it does and does not do.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

With OnAir I just felt it was just to much of a grind in my opinion and the subscription turns me off. I am a tycoon fan so I appreciate all the features Air Hauler has at my disposal and it runs nicely along side PACX or Self Loading cargo which ever you prefer. I wouldnt bother with the skypark (for now). I dont own it but for now it seems like you can get the same exact thing with FSEconomy. If FSEconomy had Virtual Airlines and let you buy airliners It would win hands down over everything. For me I like flying GA and Airliners with a tycoon aspect so AirHauler 2 Is the only one that fits my sim style. The one thing AirHauler does not hit for me is the community engagement. Its kind of a solo person addon as the Virtual Airline feature isnt really in depth

Edited by environmental_ice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Juna307 said:

Ich habe Skypark, FS ATC Chatter, Sky Elite FS Map Tool, MSFS Opus

A good pilot has as many landings as takeoffs in his logbook.

64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor,AMD Ryzen7 5800X 8 Kernprozessor 3,8GHz  64GB RAM  NVIDIA GFORCE 2060 16GB

2mal 500GB SSD 2mal 1000GB SSD

I tried OnAir, but found it far too grindy, probably more realistic in terms of planning over AH2 but found you need to really keep on top of it to make money.

AH2 I found much easier to stay ahead, but less realistic - to get flights sorted for 3 aircraft takes 10 minutes as opposed to a minimum 30 minutes in on-air. Plus you can set routes, so even if you leave it for 6 months you'll not be skint!... 

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

If you just want a PAX simulator with some record keeping, Self Loading Cargo is pretty good. Personally I'm waiting for FSCaptain to make its move to MSFS to be my go-to-PAX simulator.

If you want the whole package including buying/selling aircraft and upkeep, Air Hauler is your best bet of the list, for reasons listed by others above.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Im more of an air charter operation. On demand cargo and passenger service. 

airplane rides

sightseeing

cabn/hunting drop offs

and the most important is off airport landings. I know AH2 allows that, not sure of the others. 

does any add on allow for possible failures? I loved fspassengers for that. 

im leaning towards AH2

Edited by briansommers
  • Like 1

Ciao!

After more research I now know exactly what I want. 

the most minimal interface. Something that keeps track of engine wear n tear, etc but allows me to do the routing/flights outside of the program. Anything?

Ciao!

32 minutes ago, briansommers said:

airplane rides

sightseeing

cabn/hunting drop offs

and the most important is off airport landings.

You want NeoFly, no doubt.   I have AH2, I'm not aware of it creating off-airport missions, but it's possible I've missed something.

My interests are very similar to yours, and NeoFly nails it perfectly.  You get missions generated for search and rescue, medevac, sightseeing, and "contraband" dropoff.  It even, if you make a donation, comes with objects it will put at the scene of emergencies to increase the immersion.

NeoFly is also one of the best if you want to just play a nomadic freelancer going place to place, without getting lost in the details of managing an airline.   AH2 has a "nomad" mode, but using that you sacrifice a lot of the features you otherwise would have paid for, which seems unfortunate.

If you want something that's more of a management simulation with a side of flying, AH2 is great.  But NeoFly has recently added some features along those lines.  You can hire pilots, have them fly missions for you, with a donation you can unlock the ability to run FBOs and generate flights between them.

FSE is its own thing, and good for what it does;  I spent a lot of time with it and I think if I were just interested in hauling cargo from place to place I'd still be fine with it.   But I really want those random off-field missions.   (Plus, FSE's airport database is freaking ancient at this point.)

OnAir I have no real experience with, but I find it hard to sign up for a subscription service that really doesn't seem to do a whole lot more than AirHauler does if you're willing to pay for it up front.   Perhaps I'm wrong about that and people will clarify.  I think maybe the "MMO" side may be stronger, but I've no interest in that.

It's hard to go wrong with NeoFly since it's free.  And, as I said, it sounds like it completes your checklist.  I'd suggest grabbing that one and giving it a try.  One downside of NeoFly is that its interface is kinda rubbish, it could do with a UI rework.   But once you get the hang of it it's not bad.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 4