Sign in to follow this  
aspen31

P3Dv5 - Disappearing Runways

Hi all

I'm in the process of acclimatizing myself to P3Dv5.1. At this point at least from a VR perspective it is a great improvement. As I move scenery over from P3Dv4.5 to v5 I have noted that while most of the packages work well several have an issue where the runway shows at some views but disappears at others, only to reappear (or not) as the vantage point moves. Granted these are not packages that anyone guaranteed to work in V5 but I had some anticipation that they might given that they were problem free in V4. Two which come to mind are freeware items depicting MUGM and MMUN. The MMUN package I used in V4 looked awesome and worked well but not so much in V5. I have played around with MUGM in ADE but I am not proficient in that program and had no success in adjusting anything which would cause the runway to show consistently. I'm wondering if anyone has come across this problem and found a workaround. Incidentally the portion of the runway where the taxiways intersect shows well. It's the bits in the middle which have been replaced by grass in some instances.

Thanks

Warren (aspen31)

Warren I think you are encountering scenery packages that were fine in the older sims but because of LM's sloping runway's changes to V5 results in this sort of outcome. The underlying mesh is distorting what you see. I have started to redo a number of little scenery's I had because of this using ADE, runways were too high or did what you described. 

Hi

That may well be the issue. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the ADE expertise, even with then P3Dv5 update to make the appropriate fixes. I'll continue make the attempt but more than likely I'll just have to wait until someone else fixes it. At least I'll get better at grass runways.

All the best

Warren

• Like 1

The whole runways disappear?  Or just runway markings?

(I have the disappearing issue in v5 with just runway markings; haven’t been able to figure it out.)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi

The entire runway disappears with the exception of the segments where the taxiways intersect - all of those parts are visible and all the markings seem to be present.

Warren

While I realize you are using a freeware MMUN, just FYI, FSSimStudios has a payware version of MMUn that works fine in v5. I use it all the time while flying around in Mexico.... The link to it is https://secure.simmarket.com/fsimstudios-cancun-international-airport-mmun-p3d-v4.phtml

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

You can add screenshots to better see those issues.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Hi again all

Interestingly enough I went back to MMUN and initially runway 12R was not present. I took off and flew around for a while and on my return the runway was present - did a few touch and goes and it remained through the time I was around the airport - so at this point I could not capture a photo. I plan to exit P3D and start up again to see whether or not the runway shows up. It seems to always be 12R / 30L which is the problem - not sure at this point about 12L / 30R but I will check and capture a screen shot.

Thank so far

Warren

Hi all

I've taken a couple of screens shots showing how 12R / 30L appears at MMUN at least when I first open the sim. Exactly the same appearance at MUGM. Unfortunately I need a refresher on how to attach screen shots if someone might be so kind.

Thanks

Warren

6 hours ago, aspen31 said:

Hi all

I've taken a couple of screens shots showing how 12R / 30L appears at MMUN at least when I first open the sim. Exactly the same appearance at MUGM. Unfortunately I need a refresher on how to attach screen shots if someone might be so kind.

Thanks

Warren

Hi all

Thanks for all the help. I will attempt to provide a screen shot of my runway problem. Sounds like it may be easier to live with what has become a grass runway than to figure out screenshots but "live and learn" as they say.

Warren

19 hours ago, aspen31 said:

Hi all

Thanks for all the help. I will attempt to provide a screen shot of my runway problem. Sounds like it may be easier to live with what has become a grass runway than to figure out screenshots but "live and learn" as they say.

Warren

You can add links or pictures by imgur for example (new post option) https://imgur.com .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

thats clearly an elevation/flatten problem, porting over v4 Airports to v5 requires you to change the Altitude of the airports in some cases

• Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png