Sign in to follow this  
somiller

What happened to ground services?

I seem to remember having ground services (pushback, baggage handling, external power) at almost all airports. Now it seems no ground services are available at any airport.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

57 minutes ago, somiller said:

I seem to remember having ground services (pushback, baggage handling, external power) at almost all airports. Now it seems no ground services are available at any airport.

I have noticed this for quite a while now. (Perhaps the last SIM update), I thought it was one of those 'ghost' changes they like to make. I fly Ga exclusively, so it doesn't bother me much, but I cant remember the last time I saw a marshaller, but see lots of folks in the way when I am departing most airports. 

• Like 1

Robin

I still see plenty of marshallers, and, more often than not, they still tend to direct me to the right immediately after crossing their batons.🙄

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Instead of getting rid of ground services they need to get all these vehicles off the taxiway s!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

3 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I still see plenty of marshallers, and, more often than not, they still tend to direct me to the right immediately after crossing their batons.🙄

That is what I mean by 'ghost' changes. Like every thing MSFS, every one is affected differently after updates. Some have better clouds, some have worst. some get better performance. some start getting CTDs.

• Like 1

Robin

Actually in my case I'm almost certain I have a mod that's causing a conflict with ground services. Currently I only get the option for pushback and connect jetway. Jetway connection works, but when I request pushback atc says no tug is available.

In addition, I get no option for catering, external power, baggage etc.

After disabling all my mods...bingo all pushback services show up on atc window and they are available if requested.

Doing the 50%-on 50%-off mod check right now to find the culprit. As soon as I find it I'll report back.

• Like 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

1 hour ago, KSATRoadWarrior said:

Instead of getting rid of ground services they need to get all these vehicles off the taxiway s!!

Yeah, a fuel truck blind sided me today and crashed into my Arrow 3 on the taxiway. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Ends up that LLH Creations: LFHM-Megeve scenery is the culprit. No idea why, but I can have all my addons active but that one, and as soon as I activate it I loose ground services.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

3 hours ago, somiller said:

2 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

That is what I mean by 'ghost' changes. Like every thing MSFS, every one is affected differently after updates. Some have better clouds, some have worst. some get better performance. some start getting CTDs.

The original title of this post ... "what happened to ground services?"  MSFS happened .... that what. Subsequently we get the usual mess afflicting many people in many different ways.

Slightly tongue in cheek but it reflects the topic fairly well I think

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I too see this, I always assumed that I am not lined up perfectly in the parking for the jetway, so I never see them either.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hi,

The same here. No ground services. No workers at airports...

But I deactivated all my mods (scenery and aiports) and everything was back to normal.

So... I must now find the culprit.

I anybody finds out anything...

Thank you

2 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

The same here. No ground services. No workers at airports...

But I deactivated all my mods (scenery and aiports) and everything was back to normal.

So... I must now find the culprit.

I anybody finds out anything...

Thank you

Did you see my post above. I found out "anything" and posted it so it might help others.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

14 minutes ago, somiller said:

Did you see my post above. I found out "anything" and posted it so it might help others.

Please ask a mod to change the entirely misleading title of this thread. 

14 hours ago, somiller said:

Ends up that LLH Creations: LFHM-Megeve scenery is the culprit. No idea why, but I can have all my addons active but that one, and as soon as I activate it I loose ground services.

But I don't have LLH Creations LFHM Megeve and the ground services disappeared anyway!

Edited by John Fields

53 minutes ago, John Fields said:

But I don't have LLH Creations LFHM Megeve and the ground services disappeared anyway!

Check where and what you messed up. 

I did several flights today and sliced up at least a dozen of these guys.