Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Mutliplayer stutter work around

The current (somewhat impractical) MS recommended work around for the multiplayer stutters introduced with the last patch is that everyone visible on your server has to fly default aircraft with default liveries.

Unfortunately if some random turns up at the next airport in a CRJ or corsair or in the WT CJ4 or with a fancy custom livery all bets are off, but so long as you are all flying default with default liveries it actually works, no multiplayer stutters.  Floating name tags in the distance seem fine, it is once the other players aircraft becomes visible that you get stutters.

I am not sure if premium or deluxe aircraft count as "default" probably not.

The other option is of course to turn multiplayer off.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

• Like 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for this information! My son and I tried a multiplayer flight on Monday and my son had a stutter-fest with me flying a C-172 with a non-default livery. Tried again on Tuesday with my son flying a non-default livery and I experienced the stutter-fest. We finally figured out it was the non-default livery causing the problem. Happy to know it wasn't just us! Thanks!

• Like 1