Sign in to follow this  
kt069

I was not facing CTDs before WU4 but now...

Really getting bored about these CTDs during sim load. They did not exist before this World Update 4 but now facing very frequently.

I could not find any reason or a solution. What are your experiences ? Any sıggestions are welcomed.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I have CTDs rarely, mainly related to G1000 navigation systems.

Do they occur with an empty community folder? 

What kind of error is reported in Windows Event viewer?

Have you tested your hardware?

Please see this thread to rule out hardware issues:

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

What i feel MS/Asobo need to do is have a built in bug /ctd reporting program creating an instant crash report. DCS can do it so why does MSFS not impliment the same.Mine were soley down to MSFS/Win 10issues, and vanished immeidiatly after the hot fixes, and certain Win 10 updates, and the Xbox app.

Others are down to both payware (you would think unbelievable, but true) to date i have had 3 payware addons that were causing ctd's. some responded well and issued a fix quickly. others just ignored or blamed MSFS.

It's and absolute minefield trying to find the cause.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Yet another complainer who posts 0 information about anything that might help trouble shoot. 

Yes agree. We would need more info. Community folder is the most likely place to start for most people, followed by your hardware and Windows settings. Does your CTD have any entry in the Event Viewer (Applications)?

one thing I know is whilst there are still many problems, some since the last update and some earlier, I rarely get CTDs. So it’s not necessarily MSFS itself. And I have an old machine.

I was having constant ctds too after wu4. They stopped after I reverted to the 457.30 nvidia driver from the latest 466.11. Super stable now both in vr and monitor mode. Running a rtx 3090 and reverb G2. 

7 minutes ago, saifs said:

I was having constant ctds too after wu4. They stopped after I reverted to the 457.30 nvidia driver from the latest 466.11. Super stable now both in vr and monitor mode. Running a rtx 3090 and reverb G2. 

I am using a RTX 3090 with the Reverb G2 and I don't have constant CTDs with drivers 466.11. Do you have an AMD system?

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Yeah I'm getting them quite a lot as well since the last update, definitely caused by addons in the community folder.  The addons manager tool is great for disabling things but I still have not been able to find the culprits as there are definitely a few, that folder has grown to 200+ gigs now.  I guess it's some compatibility issue of some sort which exists at certain airports, not gonna blame Asobo for this but It's tedious to troubleshoot nevertheless.  This is definitely the first update where I had CTD issues with addons, ah well I'm sure I'll get there either by isolating them or keep installing updated versions.

I had some issues with the Add-Ons too.

First the G1000 Mod-deactivated most CTD gone

Some Airport causes CTD- repair them all with follwing:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctds-caused-by-3rd-party-airports/339377/35

Same thing like with the modellib.cfg

Now I am a happy simmer 🙂

Edited by sal9000
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

Sorry for the inadequate information. I did not blame to anyone but definitly it is after the last update. If every update breaks something, then it is hard to struggle with this. Do we need to be a professional, to find the problems and find solutions ?  In fact, this update was tested with few hundred tester before the release and didn't any of them reported this  issue, which community faces at the moment.

I did not change anything from my hardware and I really do not want to touch any adustment , just because something changed by the software. Then the problem becomes untracible.

It is hard to provide healthy information but it seems to be related with the add-ons. Sometimes it opens with the same add-ons without CTD but another time again CTD with the same addons. When I clear all the airports it works but is this the way ? All the airports were there before the update and ieverything was working properly.  I think developer must care, not to break things as it is not a beta software anymore. Yes, development is natural but what should I do now to make it work ?

Edited by kt069
  • Like 2

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

1 hour ago, sal9000 said:

I had some issues with the Add-Ons too.

First the G1000 Mod-deactivated most CTD gone

LOL, is there a mod that crashes even more than the original?

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

I am using a RTX 3090 with the Reverb G2 and I don't have constant CTDs with drivers 466.11. Do you have an AMD system?

No. I'm on an Intel i7 9700k. I was getting ctds not only in msfs but also in il2 Battle of Stalingrad in vr with the 466.11 driver. With the 457.30, all is good with no ctds, stutters. 

34 minutes ago, kt069 said:

I did not change anything from my hardware and I really do not want to touch any adustment , just because something changed by the software. Then the problem becomes untracible.

It is hard to provide healthy information but it seems to be related with the add-ons. Sometimes it opens with the same add-ons without CTD but another time again CTD with the same addons. When I clear all the airports it works but is this the way ? I think developer must care, not to break things as it is not a beta software anymore. Yes, development is natural but what should I do now to make it work ?

Sorry but Asobo is not supposed to support a zillion of community addons, most of which are created by amateurs and not updated after every sim release. It is simply something out of their control.

Unless you are getting CTDs with an empty community folder and only eventual addons bought on the marketplace, you cannot blame Asobo nor require its intervention to fix them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Sorry but Asobo is not supposed to support a zillion of community addons, most of which are created by amateurs and not updated after every sim release. It is simply something out of their control.

Unless you are getting CTDs with an empty community folder and only eventual addons bought on the marketplace, you cannot blame Asobo nor require its intervention to fix them.

You are right, but I am talking about marketplace addons / airports.  Of course, the developer can not support all the community addons. We just need stable update cycles. After every update, we cannot spend time to find out what is broken and how it can be solved.

On the other hand, this sim is completed with its community where not very experienced people did find solutions to some items (such as seasons, replay tool,helicopter, ...)  that could be done very professionally and natively by MS/Asobo. I think there is not enough attention on the sim by the developer. Maybe their priority is something else but we feel like this.

Edited by kt069

47 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Sorry for the inadequate information. I did not blame to anyone but definitly it is after the last update. If every update breaks something, then it is hard to struggle with this. Do we need to be a professional, to find the problems and find solutions ?  In fact, this update was tested with few hundred tester before the release and didn't any of them reported this  issue, which community faces at the moment.

It is hard to provide healthy information but it seems to be related with the add-ons. Sometimes it opens with the same add-ons without CTD but another time again CTD with the same addons. When I clear all the airports it works but is this the way ? All the airports were there before the update and ieverything was working properly.  I think developer must care, not to break things as it is not a beta software anymore. Yes, development is natural but what should I do now to make it work ?

I guess some of the "PC experts" think that an update to one software program can break something in a PC's hardware???

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310