Sign in to follow this  
kt069

I was not facing CTDs before WU4 but now...

37 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

LOL, is there a mod that crashes even more than the original?

I had many problems with the TBM, mostly freezes, after deactivated the mods, no more freezes.

Stephan from Germany

My System

45 minutes ago, kt069 said:

You are right, but I am talking about marketplace addons / airports. 

OK, what airport? Have you tried to empty the community folder and keep only this marketplace addon?

You are giving information bit by bit, it's not easy to help you 🙂

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

27 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

OK, what airport? Have you tried to empty the community folder and keep only this marketplace addon?

You are giving information bit by bit, it's not easy to help you 🙂

Thanks for your support but I really did not have time to try airport by airport, to find out. I was looking for a general fix.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

4 hours ago, sal9000 said:

I had some issues with the Add-Ons too.

First the G1000 Mod-deactivated most CTD gone

Some Airport causes CTD- repair them all with follwing:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctds-caused-by-3rd-party-airports/339377/35

Same thing like with the modellib.cfg

Now I am a happy simmer 🙂

Thanks for this. Changing the common "mymaterials" to specific names, seems to be working for airports.

But, it is strange that they were working before the update as they are. After WU4, we need to make this change to force them work.

I still think that MS/Asobo should not cause such procedural changes at this stage that effects even marketplace addons. Or investigate the effects in house with the testers and inform all about what is effected and how to solve. (in most cases providing the hotfix itself)

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

4 hours ago, sal9000 said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctds-caused-by-3rd-party-airports/339377/35

So the Windows folder structure (directories) doesn't protect a filename clash? Which one of the Asobo wizards thought this one up?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

47 minutes ago, kt069 said:

were working before the update as they are. After WU4, we need to make this change to force them work.

I think this comes from changes in WU4 at the SDK.

At my side it was tacoma narrows from orbx (but I didn´t test it, only the filestructure was the same), in Africa it was GLRB from Africa4you, (that I test it and it works again!) , some freeware also.

I discoverd this an flightsim.to at lebb at the comments:

https://flightsim.to/file/11436/bilbao-lebb-airport

Now I take the Add-On linker which can check all files an I found nearly 20 Airports with the mymaterial folder.

So I change them all.

Hope all problems gone. 😉

Edited by sal9000
wrong writing
  • Like 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

30 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

Hope all problems gone. 😉

until the next update 🤣

Sorry I had to quote myself 😉

• Like 2

Stephan from Germany

My System

5 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Sorry but Asobo is not supposed to support a zillion of community addons, most of which are created by amateurs and not updated after every sim release. It is simply something out of their control.

Unless you are getting CTDs with an empty community folder and only eventual addons bought on the marketplace, you cannot blame Asobo nor require its intervention to fix them.

And exactly the first thing i did when i first suffered contstant ctd's. I use the addon linker, so very easy to see where the issue lies.We seem to keep revisiting this fantastic idea that its always the fault of addons. if so, pleast tell as to why the issue remained with Nothing in the community folder!

I have found more payware issues causing ctd's other than freeware... which says a lot for your other theroy.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

{Asobo} - "please make add-ons for our flight sim, we want the community to grow and we have provided a community folder for you for that very purpose".

[MSFS update gets released that breaks things that worked well before]...

{Unofficial Asobo Defenders and Forum Spokespeople} - 'Hey! It's not Asobos fault. They can't respect every addon. They are trying to build a sim. You need to empty your community folder.  It's your own fault!'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

That this problems with add-on is comming, was clear.

Not the first time that add-ons with simular folder causes problems.

It starts with modellib.bgl, then with mycompany and now with mymaterial.

How more the SDK is crowing, so more folder are effectet.

For that, it where great if we got a tool wich can rename every simular folder in the communityfolder.

Like the Modellibchanger 😉

Stephan from Germany

My System

Okay, had a just a CTD after a couple of hours flight, had about an hour to go to my destination. Extremely frustrating.... Took a look of my even viewer and the culprit was module called CoherentUIGT.dll. Anyone knows what this is?

• Like 1

Tapani Österberg

9 hours ago, sal9000 said:

I had some issues with the Add-Ons too.

First the G1000 Mod-deactivated most CTD gone

Same thing like with the modellib.cfg

Now I am a happy simmer 🙂

Asobo has said in the past to not use common names to avoid complications like this.

2 hours ago, Virtpilot said:

Okay, had a just a CTD after a couple of hours flight, had about an hour to go to my destination. Extremely frustrating.... Took a look of my even viewer and the culprit was module called CoherentUIGT.dll. Anyone knows what this is?

CoherentUIGTL.dll is mostly associated with Garmin Mods,  conversion of 2d gauges or the screen displays.

What do you have in your community folder that might reflect any of these items?

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

9 hours ago, Moria15 said:

CoherentUIGTL.dll is mostly associated with Garmin Mods,  conversion of 2d gauges or the screen displays.

What do you have in your community folder that might reflect any of these items?

Graham

Hmm.... I guess nothing Garmin related.... EGV ground vehicles, FBW A320, nohandle-toolbar mod and outdated C152. Thanks for your answer.

Tapani Österberg

6 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

Hmm.... I guess nothing Garmin related.... EGV ground vehicles, FBW A320, nohandle-toolbar mod and outdated C152. Thanks for your answer.

TRy a similar length flight with the A320neo  (not the FBW one) and see if it does the same and without the other add-ons.

I have seen reports of both the FBW320 create that error, and also aircraft converted from FSX even if they are not being used.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.