Sign in to follow this  
Guest Polmer

ILS Glideslope problem..

Guest Tbonepilot

Hi all..I will start saying that this isin

Guest Tbonepilot

Hope someone has experienced the same thing.. Just to get it verified ;-)

Guest TheJedi

1. Have you tuned the NAV radio to the correct ILS frequency?2. Are you below the GS when you switch to APP?If one of those is not the case, then it will give exactly the bevhaviour you described.I hope this helps, or else I'm out of ideas.

How can you be sure it isn't pilot error :-) ???I cannot speak for FSX, since I haven't tested that properly, but in FS9 the ONLY (yes, ONLY !) way to guarantee that ApproachHold is working properly wrt. intercepting the Glideslope (ie. AltHold is set OFF automatically), is when the following conditions are met:When you click APP ON:- You should be flying on AP, with ALtHold and HeadingHold ON.- Both the Localiser AND Glideslope are detected (ie. the needles are visible)- The aircraft is below the Glideslope.AND:- At the point where the Localiser is intercepted (HeadingHold goes OFF), the aircraft should still be below the Glideslope (so AltHold should still be ON).If any of the above conditions are not met, APP might work or might not. (if you are above Glideslope, it won't work for sure).Again, this is the way it is in FS9, and I doubt whether it's different in FSX.Rob Barendregt

Guest RonB49

Also insure that the Nav Mode switch is in the NAV position not in the GPS position. R-

Guest Tbonepilot

Hi..Thanks for all your answers..But I still have the problem..If I save the game just before the glideslope should be interceptet, it is random if it catches it or not.. I mean, If I miss the glideslope i reload the game and let it try again wihtout touching anything, if I keep doing this it a couple of times it gets it...So it can

Guest Polmer

Thomas,I had a similar issue not too long ago when using a I/O card too and this is what I discovered, at least in my case...............1. When using my I/O card, my glide slope capture was random, but mostly it would NOT grab the slope. I tested this out in a "saved" fs2004 situation.........over and over.2. When un=plugging my I/O card, and running the same situation, I could grab the glide slope every time.I found that when I hit My APP hold button (on my I/O card) I was causing Offset 0800 (Autopilot Approach hold) to turn on and off, but it was not turing off offset 07FC (Autopilot GlideSlope hold).I had to reprogram the SIOC code to make sure that when I press the APP switch on and off that BOTH of these offsets were also turning on and off, and in sync. Once I did this, everything worked fine!To test these variables, you can go into FSUIPC, and under the logging section, type these two offsets in and check the box to display in the adventure box. You will be able to see these variable switching from 1 to 0 as you press your switch.Hope this helps,Polmer

Guest Tbonepilot

Hi Polmer..Thanks a lot, I

Guest Tbonepilot

Hi Polmer..Thanks a lot..That was my problem, now it works every time..Happy flying.. ;-)