Sign in to follow this  
hvw

The "B" key for barometric pressure

Yes, I know, it has been asked before, sometime back in fact. I just am wondering whether in the meantime one smart person (or more persons) has/have find a way to bind the "B" key to the barometric pressure button in FBW's A32NG? (Or any other plane for that matter). 

Thanks,
Hans 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

By default pressing B sets the pressure.  Or maybe I misunderstood, do you mean a particular controller?

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

By default pressing B sets the pressure.  Or maybe I misunderstood, do you mean a particular controller?

No, that's what I meant, however, this doesn't work, at least not for me, in the FBW A320. What might I have done wrong? Any idea? (By the way, I don't see an option in the key assignments to select this feature).

Thanks,
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

It doesn't work for me either anymore. It did used to work a few weeks ago.

Not sure if this is what you are asking but it is in the control menu:

instruments and systems ---> flight instruments ---> set altimeter

This will set the altimeter to the current value and 29.92 above 18000ft.

I have mine bound to a joystick button since I fly VR and keyboard bindings are not useful.  I don't fly the FBWA320 but this works perfectly in the stock A320

• Like 1

Not sure if this helps with the FBW A320, but the CJ4 (with the WT mod) has some buttons and switches which can only be changed "in" the airplane. ie: you cannot bind the action to any key on your joystick, yoke, etc. I don't fly the A320 but this does sound familiar.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

After all IRL you listen to the broadcasted QNH or know you starting altitude to tune the Barometer. Binding the Key B to the simulated Baro knob somehow is a misconception of the Knobs purpose, as pushing it IRL  in many Aircraft means setting standard Athmospheric pressure of 1013/29.92 ( above TA or when cleared to climb to a FL rather than an altitude.) The B on your keyboard is a short cut for dialing left or right with your hands on the BaroRef Knob and not just a single push of a button.

all the best

1 hour ago, KaitheFly said:

After all IRL you listen to the broadcasted QNH or know you starting altitude to tune the Barometer. Binding the Key B to the simulated Baro knob somehow is a misconception of the Knobs purpose, as pushing it IRL  in many Aircraft means setting standard Athmospheric pressure of 1013/29.92 ( above TA or when cleared to climb to a FL rather than an altitude.) The B on your keyboard is a short cut for dialing left or right with your hands on the BaroRef Knob and not just a single push of a button.

all the best

You are absolutely right, but I just like my misconceptions, being the lazy feller I am 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

3 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

Not sure if this is what you are asking but it is in the control menu:

instruments and systems ---> flight instruments ---> set altimeter

This will set the altimeter to the current value and 29.92 above 18000ft.

I have mine bound to a joystick button since I fly VR and keyboard bindings are not useful.  I don't fly the FBWA320 but this works perfectly in the stock A320

Yes, that's the one I was looking for. I must have been overlooking this option gazillion times. Thanks much for pointing me into the right direction.

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

B certainly works in all the planes so far, including the FBW Airbus.

• Like 1

Set Altimeter  reset is B and Set Heading Indicator reset is D. I set a controller button on the flight stick to do both of those simultaneously.

You program a button to output Set Altimeter. And then you program the same button to output Set Heading Indicator. MSFS will immediately warn you that the button already has a function. Ignore that warning and proceed.

Just like that you have both commands on one button.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 4/23/2021 at 2:15 AM, KaitheFly said:

all the best

Unfortunately a lot of airfields in game seem to be missing the ATIS transmitter even though the IRL chart shows a frequency for it.

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Unfortunately a lot of airfields in game seem to be missing the ATIS transmitter even though the IRL chart shows a frequency for it.

For departure if there is no ATIS I simply set to pressure until it reads what the airport elevation is.

Or you could just press the "B" key.

Edited by ANCRM114

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD