Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Problem with the JustFlight Arrow

Hello there,

I'm hoping somebody can help me. I've been trying to use the Arrow for VOR flights, and I've been following the manual's tutorial flight. I tune the correct VOR frequency, and the DMS responds, but the nav flag won't go from the HSI. I've tried varius VORs at various ranges and altitudes. The nav flag just stays and the instrument doesn't work. Have I missed something?

Edited by Bigbluss
Typo

There are a lot of variables! Can you provide a screenshot, so we can see HSI/CDI, GPS and NAV1/NAV2 frequency?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Have you switched from Gps to Nav? 

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

5 minutes ago, kaha said:

Have you switched from Gps to Nav? 

Karl

That is likely the culprit..

First, try dialing in the VOR frequency in the NAV2 radio and see if the VOR2 gauge responds.

I have not found the GPS/NAV switch in the G100 panel, but you can switch to the GNS530 panel and use the CDI button on the GNS to switch from GPS to VLOC.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

The switch is below the AP, right of the coupler radio selector switch.

Karl

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, kaha said:

The switch is below the AP, right of the coupler radio selector switch.

Karl

Thanks!...  but rereading the manual... it actually states that you have to "click on the label to the right of the switch"  so, I would suggest that Just Flight did not install a NAV/GPS switch and instead provided a "hidden clickspot"..

The tutorial never mentions this :unsure:

That is tricky, to say the least.. not impressed..

If you have the tooltips turned off, as I have, there is no way of knowing the NAV/GPS setting, other than switching to the GNS or GTN panel.. which may still be the better way.. :wink:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hmmm... how is it done in the real Arrow III?

Karl

18 minutes ago, kaha said:

Hmmm... how is it done in the real Arrow III?

Karl

Good question.  I've been trying to find that out.  I've asked that on the Just Flight forum but not got an answer. Hoping somebody here can answer that ...

Edited by Sender46

28 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

Hoping somebody here can answer that ...

I think it depends on the avionics suite that is installed in the panel.

If you have a Garmin GNS or GTN installed, the switching is done on the GPS itself, via the CDI button.  If you have no GPS installed, the issue does not present itself.

Only if you have the GPS100 installed, you need an actual NAV/GPS switch which I would expect the avionics installers to install, along with the GPS.

Somehow, Just Flight got it mixed up, and now offer the "lame" hidden clickspot solution.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Only if you have the GPS100 installed, you need an actual NAV/GPS switch which I would expect the avionics installers to install, along with the GPS.

Yes, it's with the GPS 100 that I've been asking about but nobody seems to be able to confirm how that is done in the real aircraft.

Edited by Sender46

4 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

Yes, it's with the GPS 100 that I've been asking about but nobody seems to be able to confirm how that is done in the real aircraft.

I just told you..🙂

Bert

15 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just told you..🙂

No, with respect you only said that is what you would expect.  It would be good to have some confirmation and evidence to show Just Flight.  Confirmation from a real life Piper Arrow pilot who has actual experience of it would be good, or a picture showing a switch fitted for this and where would be good, so that Just Flight could hopefully then replicate that.  Maybe that's just wishful thinking ...

Edited by Sender46

19 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

No, with respect you only said that is what you would expect.  It would be good to have some confirmation and evidence to show Just Flight.  Confirmation from a real life Piper Arrow pilot who has actual experience of it would be good, or a picture showing a switch fitted for this and where would be good, so that Just Flight could hopefully then replicate that.  Maybe that's just wishful thinking ...

20 year old avionics, I wonder how many are still in use today, probably not many. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

On 4/22/2021 at 5:28 PM, Sender46 said:

I thought the Arrow was modeled on a plane they have easy access too.

James