Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Problem with the JustFlight Arrow

12 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

I thought the Arrow was modeled on a plane they have easy access too.

That GPS unit is probably as rare as an 8  track tape player. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Phantoms said:

I thought the Arrow was modeled on a plane they have easy access too.

The Arrow they used will have just one of the GPS options available to us installed. Probably the gn530.

There are obviously no real life Pipers where you can swap out the Avionics will nilly by sliding out the current GPS and slipping in a different one. That would need to be done by a licenced aircraft mechanic and then certified as accurate before the new install could be used legally for IFR.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The Arrow they used will have just one of the GPS options available to us installed. Probably the gn530.

There are obviously no real life Pipers where you can swap out the Avionics will nilly by sliding out the current GPS and slipping in a different one. That would need to be done by a licenced aircraft mechanic and then certified as accurate before the new install could be used legally for IFR.

An avionics tech would be be required to make the swap. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Well, had the same plane in FSW from them and only the GPS100 was in it so I assumed that was what was in the plane they modeled it after.

This is what their sales page for FSW said:

Following on from their award-winning TB-10 Tobago & TB-20 Trinidad, Tornado GR1, L-1011 TriStar Professional and Canberra PR9 add-ons, this highly detailed simulation of the PA-28R Arrow III has been developed by Just Flight's in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life Arrow III, G-BGKU, based at Conington Airfield.

Edited by Phantoms

James

12 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Why not? I literally swapped my old GNS430W by pulling former and sliding new IFD440 by myself. I'm not A&P and my airplane is still IFR certified. And of course it was totally legal and counted as preventive maintenance 🙂  

Before:

image0.jpg?width=1482&height=1112

After:

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

14 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Why not? I literally swapped my old GNS430W by pulling former and sliding new IFD440 by myself. I'm not A&P and my airplane is still IFR certified. And of course it was totally legal and counted as preventive maintenance 🙂  

Before:

After:

I worked in Avionics for a couple of years in South Florida, and my guess is much work would have to be done on the G 100 install to modify it to fit anything like a 430 or 530. I also think that the G 100 would have been replaced by most anyone that had a credit card. 

On 4/24/2021 at 2:49 PM, sd_flyer said:

Nice!  Where can I get this mod?  Is it at flightsim.to?  😆

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 hours ago, kaha said:

I just read the Garmin GPS 100 manual. There is no evidence of how to connect it to an AP. It seems that it is self-sufficient with its CDI.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cl35lg5eqksytk1/gps100_cdi.jpg?dl=0

Karl

See evidence here 🙂

Real Life NAV/GPS Mode Switch and Annunciators | Just Flight Community

Edited by Sender46
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

I think what Martyn is saying is that their real-world model didn't have such a switch (in other words, it had a standalone GPS100 in it, which I suppose would only provide "for reference" guidance and wouldn't lock to the autopilot  ?? ).    Even so, it would be nice to see it added for those who want to use the GPS100.

I am wondering if the JF GPS100 in the sim could even work with the MSFS autopilot.  It's good to see the 530 work with it, but does the JF GPS100 have that level of functionality?  I've never really delved into the GPS100, even in the P3D version of this aircraft.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 hours ago, Mace said:

I think what Martyn is saying is that their real-world model didn't have such a switch (in other words, it had a standalone GPS100 in it, which I suppose would only provide "for reference" guidance and wouldn't lock to the autopilot  ?? ). 

That is all fine and dandy, but their MSFS version has the GPS tied to the autopilot, for better or worse.  And then they provide a clickspot to change it...

If they were simulating their "real world" airplane, the NAV1 radio would be tied to the autopilot... period. 🙂

Bert

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is all fine and dandy, but their MSFS version has the GPS tied to the autopilot, for better or worse.  And then they provide a clickspot to change it...

If they were simulating their "real world" airplane, the NAV1 radio would be tied to the autopilot... period. 🙂

But that's not true.  the real world aircraft DOES have a NAV/GPS switch when a GPS 100 is installed.  It's a real life requirement in the Garmin GPS 100 installation manual.

While I agree with you,  Martyn says no..

🙃

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

13 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I know, that's what I said. 

Rhett

6 hours ago, Sender46 said:

But that's not true.  the real world aircraft DOES have a NAV/GPS switch when a GPS 100 is installed.  It's a real life requirement in the Garmin GPS 100 installation manual.

From what I gather, their real-world airplane does not have a NAV/GPS switch.

As for real life "requirement", maybe their install is incorrect/improper or whatever.  Apparently their real world airplane GPS100 functions without the switch.  I can only assume that means it provides no data to the autopilot (i.e. it's a standalone gps unit, like a stick-on GPS250), but that's my assumption...I'm not all that familiar with that system.

Rhett