Sign in to follow this  
Guest Surfstud31

MegasceneryX - Oahu for FSX Available!

Christian,It would be great if you could do a "How to" cookbook for us.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest glaspere

>Oh nice! This pretty much looks the same than what I got from my realtime terrain streaming project. So excuse me, I'll go flying on the other Hawaiian islands. Ha! ;)1. The big difference I see is that WE can buy the Megascenery and yours is not available. :-)2. Actually I like the clarity in yours better. Also it seems like your elevation mesh is better. Is that a part of your technique or you using a separate commercial mesh package? While on the subject - does the new FSGenesis 9M stuff include the Hawaiian islands?3. I noticed that when I use this scenery the terminal building at Honolulu intl disappears (gone altogether). Anyone else have this?4. IMO FS9's days are certainly numbered. Just a matter of performance optimization and time now.EG

EG,Yes, I find the terminal buildings gone also. The military side of PHNL is also gone. But that is the only problem I see with the scenery. I have been flying the RealAir sf260, autogen at max, water at 2 mid, 1m on the scenery, 30% on AI and everything else maxed I am getting 26 - 35 fps (set at 35), everywhere. No stutters. I have a core 2 duo 6600 and a Nvidia GTS 8800 and 2G of ram.This is really fun.Tom

Guest cbuchner1

I used the Hawaii mesh from www.fsproject.com - a free download. It covers all islands, not just Oahu.

Guest Surfstud31

I saw these posts and couldn't resist checking out the megascenery - Oahu - for $15, what the heck, right? WOW! Am I impressed. My mouth is still open. I took off from Dillingham and flew once around the whole island. I didn't notice any hesitation and it looks great at 1280x1024.I can't wait for New York to come out - it's supposed to be the next release. I'll be able too see my house. LOL!Now that's what I call scenery!Intel P4 2800 Mhz, ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB AGP, 2 GIG DDR 3200 RAM