Sign in to follow this  
BaLowMe

GTN 750 Re-install stuck at system restart warning

After reinstalling using the new eCommerce file, selecting reinstall in the F1 wrapper, then running the setup file, I'm getting stuck at a warning message that says:

"The installation/removal of a previous program was not completed.  You will need to restart your computer to complete that installation"

I've restarted several times but can't seem to get past this point.  I uninstalled the garmin trainer as well but that didn't seem to help.

Am I missing an old file somewhere?  Or maybe a registry entry?

Edited by RXP

John Smith

Hi,

Usually there is a title bar in this kind of window which is also helping to know what software is prompting you with it.

• Is this a Windows window? Is this a RXP installer window? Is this a GTN Trainer window?
  • Did this prompted you right after the Trainer installation? right after the RXP gauges installation?

Also, what simulator are you trying to install this to, in other words, what simulator versions did you check in the RXP installer (FS9, FSX, etc...)?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

This is a RXP installer window that prompts before anything is installed (just after the summary screen that shows the selected components, P3D location, etc.

Title bar is "Setup - REalityXP Garmin GTN (FltSIm)
Preparing to Install
Setup is preparing to install...

Then the message
(Red X) "The installation/removal of a previous program was not completed.  You will need to restart your computer to complete that installation"

I'm trying to install into P3D v5, but I've also tried with v4 and I get the same error.

John Smith

This is the first time we get this kind of report, but there was another customer a few weeks ago which RXP software installer was corrupted and downloading a new one, once more, did solve the issue. We're not sure yet whether it was an anti-virus altering the file or a something else on the customer computer.

I'd suggest you download the e-commerce installer once again and try with the newly download file first.

But prior all this, if you haven't uninstalled the RXP GTN with Windows, can you please let me know the additional information I've asked in a PM?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi,

I'm posting this information here, instead of in our PM discussion, because this might help others in the future searching the forum for solutions.

Microsoft is providing a "fixit" tool which can help solving this type of problems:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

NB: Like with everything repairing the system, I strongly recommend you do backup all your system drive prior attempting anything.

I've tried this program as well but the RealityXP GNT sim is not listed.

There is a way to select "not listed" then enter the "Product Code"

John Smith