Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 22nd, 2021 - Development Update

APRIL 22ND, 2021 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Shameloc.jpeg

“Windmills at Kinderdijk” – Screenshot by Shameloc, winner of this week’s NVIDIA Screenshot Challenge

This week in Microsoft Flight Simulator we hosted our very first SDK Q&A! Click here to watch the video back and feel free to leave any feedback about your thoughts on the format here. We are gearing up for the release of the Just 103 Solo plane next week and can’t wait to get you in the seat of this ultralight aircraft.

A quick thank you to the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences for choosing Microsoft Flight Simulator as the Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year in the D.I.C.E. Awards! We are extremely humbled and thankful to be chosen. Check out the thank you speech from Jorg Neumann and David Dedeine here.

– The MSFS team

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version.

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version.

a1245ry.jpgb356yu.jpgc45ytj.jpgd46yujh.jpge67tyuj.jpg

KEY:

SU = Sim Update (3, 4, etc.)

WU = World Update

ASAP = As Soon as Possible

TBD = To Be Determined

Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates

Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on

Planned = Scheduled to be worked on

Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into the issue

Not Planned = We will likely not work on this

Started = Work as started on this item

THIRD PARTY UPDATE

• As of 04/17, we have now approved 149 (+0) third parties to sell their content in our in-sim marketplace and, so far, 79 (+4) have released 318 products (+12).
  • 845 products (+19) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 312 products (+8) from 3rd party developers are in production (183 announced, 129 unannounced). In total, over 1,163 3rd party products (+33) are either released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 740 airports (+19) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 542 airports (+14) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 263 airports (+14) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 91 airports (+4) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 107 airports (+1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 129 aircraft (+3) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 31 aircraft (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 24 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 76 aircraft (+2) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 22 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 261 sceneries (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 245 sceneries (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 22 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 16 sceneries (+1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 27 mission packs (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 27 mission packs (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.

SDK UPDATE

• Documentation
    • We fixed the installation of the 3DS Max tools.
  • Dev Mode:
    • In the Project Editor, we renamed the package inspector “+” button into “Add asset group”.
    • In the Marketplace Data Editor, we fixed a crash when loading an empty thumbnail.
    • We continue to polish the Visual Effect Editor and added a VisualEffectLib Wizard among other improvements.
    • We fixed an issue where the simvar index was lost when loading a file.
    • We updated the new “Release Notes” window.
    • In the Scenery Editor, we fixed the issue where the ‘`’ character was filtered in taxiway sign content text entry.

MARKETPLACE

There are 16 new products and 17 updated products in the Marketplace today.

16 NEW PRODUCTS

image006-3.png

image007-3.png

image008-2.png

image009-2.png

image010-2.png

image011-2.png

image012-2.png

image013-2.png

image014-2.png

image015-2.png

image016-2.png

image017-2.png

image018-2.png

image019-2.png

image020-2.png

image021-2.png

17 UPDATED PRODUCTS

image022-2.png

image023-1.png

image024-1.png

image025-1.png

image026-1.png

image027-2.png

image028-1.png

image001-1-2.png

image029-1.png

image030.png

image002-2-1.png

image031.png

image032.png

image033.png

image034.png

image035.png

image003-3.png

banner-1.svg

COMMUNITY VIDEO

Obsidian Ant takes a look at Microsoft Flight Simulator’s performance on a RTX 3080 to see how close he can get to 60fps at 4k resolution.

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

This past week NVIDIA challenged you to take a screenshot from the France/Benelux update. The grand prize winner is shameloc and is feature above. Below are our 10 runner up choices! This week’s Screenshot Challenge: Peace and Quiet.

Last challenge’s Finalists:

AviatorBenNZ.jpeg

Screenshot by AviatorBenNZ (Pic du Midi de Bigorre Observatory)

nektarynka98.jpg

Screenshot by nektarynka98 (Tours Société Générale)

Bomba9972.jpeg

Screenshot by Bomba9972 (Arc de Triomphe)

HolmesCZ6127-scaled.jpeg

Screenshot by HolmesCZ6127 (Mont Aiguille)

JetMocha6156-scaled.jpeg

Screenshot by JetMocha6156 (Afsluitdijk Dam)

cirurginn.jpeg

Screenshot by cirurginn (Pont de Normandie)

RealTarus-scaled.jpeg

Screenshot by RealTarus (Paris from above)

RtdV74302.jpeg

Screenshot by RtdV74302 (Notre Dame de Paris)

SorusePL.jpeg

Screenshot by SorusePL (Etretat Chalk Complex)

Vograx8280-scaled.jpeg

Honorable Mention: Screenshot by Vograx8280 (“Eiffel Tower – 1910!”)

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 4.29

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Make sure to take a good look at the Feedback Snapshot, the Wishlist section has been expanded to 48 items. Lots of new information to digest.

• Like 1

Quite possibly the best winning screenshot, and maybe the best shortlist.

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Season are now listed as 2022 instead of 2021.

That's a shame.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Thanks again, @ChaoticBeauty. Just a remark. Contrary to MS/Asobo, I find the web-unfriendly version of the Development Roadmap more friendly than the web-friendly version, notably for saving. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate the web-unfriendly one in my account. Could you add the we-unfriendly one? Or is this even gone?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thanks again, @ChaoticBeauty. Just a remark. Contrary to MS/Asobo, I find the web-unfriendly version of the Development Roadmap more friendly than the web-friendly version, notably for saving. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate the web-unfriendly one in my account. Could you add the we-unfriendly one? Or is this even gone?

They only post the image version when it is updated with new information, but I agree. Here it is from the 1 April update:

546789.jpg

098765.jpg

It is scheduled to be updated again next week with May-June-July deliverables, so I presume they'll be appending the image version as well.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 1

That's a service. Thank you.

Best regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

17 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Make sure to take a good look at the Feedback Snapshot, the Wishlist section has been expanded to 48 items. Lots of new information to digest.

Yep, also lots of changes coming SU4/SU6 which is great to see. I dare say there may be some slippage but it's looking like an exiciting summer of updates and we still have DirectX12 to look forward to as well at some point.

• Like 3

@ChaoticBeauty

Thanks for all the updates.

Another 🌲for you.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Anyone know when SU4 is coming? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

No mention of the pressing the escape key with the Spoiler/Flaps and throttle going to 50% after returning from the menu.... Nice

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Asobo please make it possible to save controller profiles! Every time they get reset and it takes a lot of work to re config.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

57 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Asobo please make it possible to save controller profiles! Every time they get reset and it takes a lot of work to re config.

You can already save controller profiles. I have three, one for each aircraft I currently fly plus the default.  Do you "rename" them in the "preset manager" once you have set your bindings ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam