Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Can't wait until the day I can plane spot in MSFS!

20 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Are you sure the livery matches the actual flight? It’s easy to check in Little Nav Map. If I only had liveries installed for one geographic region I might not have even noticed, but it becomes very obvious with traffic for the entire world.

James

yep at least company liveries and type.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

the only thing what I do is

Have a general section in the aircraft CFG, inlcuding ;

icao_type_designator 

and 

ICAO_GENERIC set to 0

see for example my CFG for 738W below:

[VERSION]
major = 1
minor = 0

[GENERAL]
atc_type = "BOEING"
atc_model = "B738"
Category = "airplane"
pilot = "Pilot_Female_Casual"
copilot = "Pilot_Male_Casual"
instructor = "Pilot_Male_Casual"
performance = ""
editable = 0
wip_indicator = 1
icao_type_designator = "B738"
icao_manufacturer = "BOEING"
icao_model = "738"
icao_engine_type = "Jet"
icao_engine_count = 2
icao_WTC = "M"
icao_generic = 0

[FLTSIM.0]
title = "FAIB Boeing 737-800SW SN SWA Southwest Airlines ETOPS" ; Variation name
model = "SWA Southwest SN ETOPS" ; model folder
panel = "" ; panel folder
sound = "" ; sound folder
texture = "SWA Southwest SN ETOPS" ; texture folder
atc_airline = "SOUTHWEST" ; airline name
kb_checklists = "" ; Procedures/Checklist sibling file name
kb_reference = "" ; Reference information sibling file name
description = "Boeing 737-800SW SN SWA Southwest Airlines ETOPS" ; Variation description.
wip_indicator = 1 ; know if the variation is good to go or still WIP : -1=Disabled, 0=Rough, 1=1st Pass, 2=Finished
ui_manufacturer = "BOEING" ; e.g. Boeing, Cessna
ui_type = "737-800SW" ; e.g. 747-400, 172
ui_variation = "SOUTHWEST" ; e.g. World Air, IFR Panel
ui_typerole = "Twin Jet Airliner" ; e.g. Single Engine Prop, Twin Engine Prop, Rotorcraft, etc
ui_createdby = "FAIB" ; e.g. Asobo Studio, Microsoft, FSAddonCompany, etc
ui_thumbnailfile = "" ; app relative path to ThumbNail image file
ui_certified_ceiling = -1 ; service ceiling / max certified operating altitude (ft)
ui_max_range = -1 ; max distance the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (NM)
ui_autonomy = -1 ; max duration the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (Hrs)
ui_fuel_burn_rate = -1 ; average fuel consumption per hour (lbs/hr) - reminder: fuel density is ~6.7lbs per US gallon
atc_id = "N8325D" ; tail number
atc_id_enable = 1 ; enable tail number
atc_airline = "SWA" ; airline name
atc_flight_number = "1178" ; flight number
atc_heavy = 0 ; heavy?
atc_parking_types = "GATE,RAMP" ; "ANY" / "RAMP" / "CARGO" / "MIL_CARGO" / "MIL_COMBAT" / "GATE" / "DOCK"
atc_parking_codes = "SWA" ; Comma separated and may be as small as one character each
atc_id_color = "" ; color for the tail number : i.e. "#ffff00ff"
atc_id_font = "" ; font for the tail number
sim = FAIB_7378 ;
isairtraffic = 1 ; airtraffic flag for variations
isuserselectable = 0 ; flag off for non selectable planes
icao_airline = "SWA"

Edited by pilotter

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

I had high hopes for "live" traffic, but I can go to the busiest airspaces in the world (like NYC for example) and be pretty much the only plane for as far as the eye can see.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I just tried setting icao_generic = 0 in the aircraft.cfg (it was set to 1 before). You can see the result below, same as before: the top line shows the flight number, and the next line down shows the livery shown. So you can see ACA (should be Air Canada) is showing a Ukraine livery, AAL (should be American Airlines) is Air Portugal, and so on.

DWrRTZt.png

10 hours ago, kt069 said:

My gates were also having aircrafts without the learner. And everytime you visit the same airport, a file with the related name of the airport ICAO, in PSX folder, updates as the parked position.I would sugest you to try again. Maybe you will be pleasant lke this. Happy Flying...

Not to derail the thread, but: I installed all the most recent versions, ran AILG and PPG, checked (superficially) the resultant files are there and looked proper, started MSFS, made the required changes in the settings, started RT, and this is the result for KSFO.

PSXT_2.jpg.399695bfc8d55bb63e9bdecf601e388e.jpg

KSFO is a stock airport. I don't doubt gates will get populated when running the learner for some time, but then I want to take off from (default) KMRY the next time which is empty as well (as I checked), thus I have to run the learner there etc. etc. I understand the learner can run in the background for ages, but I still will have an empty airport when I just want to fly elsewhere tonight.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? Do you get populated gates on default airports WITHOUT running the learner first?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I had high hopes for "live" traffic, but I can go to the busiest airspaces in the world (like NYC for example) and be pretty much the only plane for as far as the eye can see.

Not sure we're speaking about the same feature, but this is what I saw at KSFO with MSFS Live Traffic enabled a few minutes ago.

Live_Traffic_2.thumb.jpg.b3d57ec9b0a4cc7490d8a281f318fe6f.jpg

There is plenty of static planes at the gates and ramps and planes are moving in the air and are departing and arriving as well.

I actually like the live traffic feature quite well and it's reliably working for me with two caveats: (i) No time-shift, i.e. no moving traffic in Europe when I fly at night, (ii) the mega-ugly liveries, as mentioned before.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 hours ago, honanhal said:

I just tried setting icao_generic = 0 in the aircraft.cfg (it was set to 1 before). You can see the result below, same as before: the top line shows the flight number, and the next line down shows the livery shown. So you can see ACA (should be Air Canada) is showing a Ukraine livery, AAL (should be American Airlines) is Air Portugal, and so on.

DWrRTZt.png

I don't know, but I don't have this problem, but I do have a lot of custom AI installed. What do you have installed? I don't see this problem.

I also have some european companies, but am not seeing these in the states.

do you have a model folder for each texture?

20 minutes ago, pilotter said:

do you have a model folder for each texture?

I believe honanhal is talking about Offline traffic using flight plans not Online traffic.  I have the same problem with Offline after the last update that he does.

• Like 1

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

o word not allowed, very sorry, yes I am using online traffic

1 hour ago, pilotter said:

o word not allowed, very sorry, yes I am using online traffic

Oh, ok. Too bad! Glad it's working for you, though.

you ever considered using online?

i

8 hours ago, pmb said:

Not to derail the thread, but: I installed all the most recent versions, ran AILG and PPG, checked (superficially) the resultant files are there and looked proper, started MSFS, made the required changes in the settings, started RT, and this is the result for KSFO.

PSXT_2.jpg.399695bfc8d55bb63e9bdecf601e388e.jpg

KSFO is a stock airport. I don't doubt gates will get populated when running the learner for some time, but then I want to take off from (default) KMRY the next time which is empty as well (as I checked), thus I have to run the learner there etc. etc. I understand the learner can run in the background for ages, but I still will have an empty airport when I just want to fly elsewhere tonight.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? Do you get populated gates on default airports WITHOUT running the learner first?

Kind regards, Michael

Hello Again;

No problem, I will be glad if I can provide some support 🙂

Firstly, I use ADS-B Traffic Provider (free) which is quite well.

Secondly, regarding your image above,  I reccommend you to change the "KSFO park value" from 35 to 100 for every airport if you want to see all the parked aircrafts that the provider detects.

Next, I opened EDDF (stock MSFS) and the result was fine. I see parking,taxiing and flying aircrafts. Please see the PSX image https://ibb.co/jwSTVRG    and    https://ibb.co/9tsbXLG   (Lufthansa, Swiss, British, Azerbaijan, Turkish) These are all without running Learner.

And this is the first load of the airport. When you visit the airport later again, the parked aircrafts increases. Sometimes the liveries do not match perfectly with the real life but fills the airports well. Additionally, I recommend you to check the logflie of PSX, that gives very detailed info about the traffic, matches, and etc. (under PSX folder). maybe also checking the parked-updates folder (under PSX folder) will give you the info about the parking position that are detected and used by PSX. Interesting but PSX is very rich of information that drives you to find out what is going on at the backstage.

The other airport that I checked for you was EGLL (stock MSFS) I choose these airports because it is easy to find real traffic. The result was almost the same. ( British, Lingus, Turkish, Finnair, Austrian) https://ibb.co/Mkx369N

Additionally, I use IVAO MTL models and a specific AI_liveries file for the best match. Maybe the more match in the file vs provider , results in more aircrafts to show. I can provide detailed info to you from the DM if you would like about this. (as it is not very welcomed to use IVAO models for other purposes but personal use would be ok.)

I hope this fills your airports soon 🙂 Regards.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

5 hours ago, pilotter said:

you ever considered using online?

Guess I may have to! I did try switching to online to see if my current installed generic Asobo model liveries would just match with the online traffic and it didn’t work at all, unfortunately.

James