Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Question about Airac

Yesterday we had an update for Airac in MSFS. My question is , if you have Navigraph FMS, which Airac is the sim using, the Navigraph or the default that was updated yesterday. Also, during the updates from Asobo, is the Navigraph Airac overwritten and replaced by the Asobo data? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well,

I uninstall navigraph, then let MSFS install its nav date, then install Navigraph. Then I know its using Navigraph.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Well,

I uninstall navigraph, then let MSFS install its nav date, then install Navigraph. Then I know its using Navigraph.

That does not make sense.   The MSFS update was from the same source as navigraph.

Edited by Tierborn

1 hour ago, Tierborn said:

That does not make sense.   The MSFS update was from the same source as navigraph.

Since when? Navigraph is Jeppesen and MSFS is/was NAVBLUE. Did MSFS finally ditch NAVBLUE?

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

2 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Since when? Navigraph is Jeppesen and MSFS is/was NAVBLUE. Did MSFS finally ditch NAVBLUE?

Why do people knock Navblue. Apparently they provide the data for AirBus which I believe flies more than a few places in the world with their huge fleet. They certainly know alot more about air navigation than Asobo. Are there any airlines that use Navigraph? 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

MS did not ditch NavBlue.  The Navigraph data sits in the community folder so it doesn't matter when or how the MS navdata is installed/updated.  Navigraph will always be on top.  @Bobsk8 No airlines use Navigraph.  Navigraph uses Jepp data.

From what I understand NavBlue data is pretty good, it's how the simulator reads the data, which is incorrect.  Navigraph data is still better than NavBlue.  You'll have to search for the video by Navigraph that explains why.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

MS did not ditch NavBlue.  The Navigraph data sits in the community folder so it doesn't matter when or how the MS navdata is installed.  Navigraph will always be on top.  @Bobsk8 No airlines use Navigraph.  Navigraph uses Jepp data.

From what I understand NavBlue data is pretty good, it's how the simulator reads the data, which is incorrect.  Navigraph data is still better than NavBlue.  You'll have to search for the video by Navigraph that explains why.

Well frankly, I wouldn't expect Navigraph in a video they produced to say anything but their data is better, but they would have to prove it. 

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well frankly, I wouldn't expect Navigraph in a video they produced to say anything but their data is better, but they would have to prove it. 

They did a pretty good job of explaining why...lol.  It was pretty factual and easy for anyone to understand why.  Either way, once ASOBO fixes the 'default flight plan manager', if you want to just use the NavBlue navdata, you should be fine in most cases.  I've always used Navigraph for both navdata and charts as I tend to seek out the most complicated approaches, etc.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

13 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

They did a pretty good job of explaining why...lol.  It was pretty factual and easy for anyone to understand why.  Either way, once ASOBO fixes the 'default flight plan manager', if you want to just use the NavBlue navdata, you should be fine in most cases.  I've always used Navigraph for both navdata and charts as I tend to seek out the most complicated approaches, etc.

I use Avliasoft EFB which has all the approaches and charts to match that are in the sim. If it isn't in the sim, it doesn't show up on EFB. I will look for that Navigraph video. I use simbrief for allmy flight plans and so far haven't had any issues with either Navigraph or Nav Blue. 

Edited by Bobsk8

I used to subscribe to Navigraph with P3D. Have seen little value in doing so with MSFS but I might reconsider that now that you can view plates on the CJ4 screens and sometime soon I beleive, the A32NX EFB.

Clever move by Navigraph as it will draw more customers.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Well,

Certainly this is not needed. The Navigraph data is set in your CF so it does not matter.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Certainly this is not needed. The Navigraph data is set in your CF so it does not matter.

Well I like to remove anything that could confict from my CF thanks. They also say remove CF stuff before an update, so it might not matter but i will play it safe. Since we are talking about  less than 1 min of my time.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I used to subscribe to Navigraph with P3D. Have seen little value in doing so with MSFS but I might reconsider that now that you can view plates on the CJ4 screens and sometime soon I beleive, the A32NX EFB.

Clever move by Navigraph as it will draw more customers.

For me the benefit of NaviGraph is that you have common data in your Flightplanner (Simbrief/LNM), ATC (Pilot2ATC) and the SIM (P3D and FS). That's something you can't have in NAVBlue...

Good point on the charts though, absolutely great to be able to view them in the SIM (Actually convinced me to upgrade).

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron