Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Another User Back To FS9

Guest FxF3

I really hoped this kind of post had ended. To each his own for some reason I have yet to post in the FS9 board how I'm going back to FS2002.:-)

>>I really hoped this kind of post had ended. To each his own for some reason I have yet to post in the FS9 board how I'm going back to FS2002.<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest rmce

That is BRILLIANT!Terrific link!Foe me Fsx has worked fine on old 2.4 and is now awesome on new E6400.I will never go back, and deleted Fs9 within a week of getting FSX.AS6 is working fine with FSX free upgrade version.

>These threads are tiresome. If you like FS9 (and I do) then>use it. If you like FSX (and I do) then use it.>>Quit the public whining. Send emails to Microsoft and leave>these boards for questions, suggestions and how to improve our>simming.I agree! I thought that kind of inflammatory posting had ended, too.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

"Just have to look at the sparse FSX freeware the last week and the overwhelmingly larger FS9 freeware and you can see that the people have spoken." The great proclaimer sez that The People Have Spoken.It's all I can do to try to keep my response to your post civilized. I will probably only be partially successful...FS9 has been out for three years. FS-X has been out for a month or two. Most people can do simple math to determine that FS9 has had a little bit more time to have add-ons developed for it than FS-X. ---On a more general note: anyone that has a substantial investment in addons for FS9 (like me), that tends or tended to fly with one or more of them turned on all the time (like me), is going to have issues with FS-X out of the box if they expect their large investment in FS9 addons to work perfectly and fully right out of the gate. I had no such expectations. SURE I would love it if all of my add-ons just ran beautificalistically right out of the box with FS-X, but in most cases that is just dreaming. There are products which I will be very very sorry to say goodbye to (e.g. the T-37 Tweet), but that's the reality of a base product (FS-X) that is the result of three to four years of additional development effort over its predecessor.I wonder why I'm even posting this, but comments that say "the people have spoken" are annoying because it *so* doesn't consider my (and many other happier enthusiasts') perspective.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

>These threads are tiresome. If you like FS9 (and I do) then>use it. If you like FSX (and I do) then use it.>>Quit the public whining. Send emails to Microsoft and leave>these boards for questions, suggestions and how to improve our>simming.Agreed. Unfortunately, many still rely solely on what they read here as to whether to get it or not. Big mistake as as evidenced by this thread.Guess I'll start my own "I am flying FSX only and loving it" or even "forget FSX, I'm going back to Zoo Tycon" threads, LOL. Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest camtech

I to thought the same thing about FSX i did not like it , until it made me go into my computer and tweak it , tune it up, get rid of alot of junk and hidden running software.What FSX is doing is making me injoy the default planes , which are far better than FS9 default planes to me anyway.Im much more aware of my system which is a modest 3800+, 7800gs vid,gigabye motherboard, 74 gig 10.000 raptor hd.even running at a 10 fps average i get good results, and that is with settings at average.What this tells me that when i upgrade i must have a balanced system, including a motherboard will be very important to getting top results.At this point FSX is a very good software.and those lite blooms i love very much, yes you will have to trade off, but pound for pound FSX is it, and if you do not want to invest in getting your com up to par than FSX is not for you.and that means working your system for everything its got , and with the help with folks out there that did just that helped me greatly.So my man i would hang in there because FSX is truly a great sim.Thanks........................Robert

Sorry for expressing my point of view here. From now on, I will look for YOUR posts when I need to find MY point of view. Sorry to those bothered by this post. Jim:-)

Jim Boerman

Guest Surfstud31

I have to agree with Robert. FSX was bought for me as a gift and that didn't leave much choice for upgrading unless I wanted to hurt the gift givers feelings. I had 3 megascenery add-ons for FS9 and a bunch of freeware add-ons. I was a bit hesitatant to leave it all.But when I did, wow! In fact, I purposely converted my old megascenery for use with FSX, tested it and in the end I like the DEFAULT FSX scenery better than megascenery for FS9! That's how good it is.Yes, I did upgrade my PC system in the end although FSX worked OK before I did. As Robert pointed out, it forced me to clean out my system and I added a 512K AGP video card (ATI) and upgraded to 2 gigs of DDR RAM.The key here for FS9 users seems to be the inability to set all the sliders on FSX to the right. What FS9 users don't realize is that FSX looks and feels better than FS9 at much lower settings (at least to me). The settings ARE NOT THE SAME. For example, autogen scenery in FSX on sparse is like autogen scenery in FS9 on high - I am not kidding here.IMHO, comparing FS9 and FSX is like comparing apples to oranges - there is no comparison. However, everyone should do as they like for it is supposed to be fun. Stay with FS9 or go to FSX, it's up to you as it should be. But don't knock something that you haven't even tried or have only read things about or don't like because you're PC can't hack it.Remeber, it's supposed to be fun!!

Guest FxF3

Jim your post would have been better on the FS9 forum. As a FSX user I have seen tons of this post and they really do nothing but stir the pot on both sides.Nothing personal it just has gotten old to many of us FSX user's. Glad you still love FS9 it was a very great Sim and so is FSX to many of us.:) Its not really about which version you like better anyway its about Flying with the Sim that makes you happy.

Guest Len

>"Just have to look at the sparse FSX freeware the last week>and the overwhelmingly larger FS9 freeware and you can see>that the people have spoken.">>> The great proclaimer sez that The People Have Spoken.>>It's all I can do to try to keep my response to your post>civilized. I will probably only be partially successful...>>FS9 has been out for three years. FS-X has been out for a>month or two. Most people can do simple math to determine that>FS9 has had a little bit more time to have add-ons developed>for it than FS-X. >>--->>On a more general note: anyone that has a substantial>investment in addons for FS9 (like me), that tends or tended>to fly with one or more of them turned on all the time (like>me), is going to have issues with FS-X out of the box if they>expect their large investment in FS9 addons to work perfectly>and fully right out of the gate. I had no such expectations.>SURE I would love it if all of my add-ons just ran>beautificalistically right out of the box with FS-X, but in>most cases that is just dreaming. There are products which I>will be very very sorry to say goodbye to (e.g. the T-37>Tweet), but that's the reality of a base product (FS-X) that>is the result of three to four years of additional development>effort over its predecessor.>>I wonder why I'm even posting this, but comments that say "the>people have spoken" are annoying because it *so* doesn't>consider my (and many other happier enthusiasts')>perspective.>>Dave Blevins>>No I'm not the "great proclaimer" just having observed the FS series these many years and visiting sites like these and seeing that at no time in the series history has there been a uniform underproduction of addons for the current series as the previous series this far into it. So while you presume to speak with some modicum of authority yourself, so will I. So keep your "civilized" tone to your self sir including that little "great proclaimer" shot. Listen, if you want to ramp up the insults go ahead. I'll simply call them as I see them. And you have heard of general observations have you not? Yeah, you are the particular and the minority. It's an observation I have every right to make. Hopefully it won't hurt you so much next time you see it. And since you don't believe it applies to you why then answer it? That was a rhetorical question by the way.

Guest IndiaPapa

Look people, stop whinning about old software - it's really simple if you like it keep it!Here's what I am typically seeing in the forums:1. FSX is full of bugs - BS! (count the FS9 patches?)2. VISTA and DX10 will make everything wonderful - BS! (DX10 might?)3. MS should not have launched the product early - BS! (it was ready to be released - thank you MS!)4. Add-ons dont work with FSX - BS! - (actually, most of them do!)5. FPS is snail-like compared to FS9 - maybe! (see below!)6, I cannot see much difference - er, turn up your sliders!7. I get stutters and blurries - what are those?8. I get CTD's all the time - fix your hardware (GPU) or remove the 'gooney-bird' or 'ding-dong' gauge etc!9. Developer's are not creating add-ons for FSX - So what - there's an SDK in FSX?Personally, I purchased FSX knowing that it was a 'current release game' and as such probably needed good gaming hardware that could do it justice - btw, I am not rich!I didnt have the 'hard-core-gamers' need to be super-competitive (I am a casual gamer!) so I made a logical decision to upgrade my 'dedicated gaming PC'(BTW, just my way of saying NOT THE FAMILY PC!) so that I could enjoy the boundless features of FSX! Now I do, I'm happy with my decision. Would I go back to 2004 - no, been there done that!I could go on, but you get the point? and our moderators (bless 'em) must also be considered in this equation - this is not knocking FS9 or FSX - I am saying by all means stay with what you consider is your PC and simming comfort-zone, just accept that there is something better!Now before I leave you, a bitter-pill, it is quite possible that your PC (like my previous 4 Year old machine!) just wasnt up to it - accept it!! You either purchased - what you thought was best bang for the buck, had all the toys, something the family can use as well (please say NO to that one!), you could upgrade it yourself :), built it yourself :(, bought it on e-bay, from Bestbuy, Sam's Club ;).... or.... it is so loaded with crap that it would be a nightmare to transfer it all to a new one!Fact is if it wont run FSX well enough, it probably aint good enough anymore - and it's never going to feel right now you know that, is it!At this point (FS9'ers) dont cry :( - cos I (if you can scroll back to the start) I mentioned, that I went out and got me a new one - cos my old one just wasnt good enough!Now I can 'add' all the software that my old PC - just couldnt handle - you too, (believe it or not) can/will be at this point in the near future :)! Actually, I have a confession to make: The deal was that if I sold my old PC (which I did to a work colleague) I could use the funds to help buy a new one! I also advertised, (library and supermarkets) to setup and install new PC's and do a 1 hour hand's training on Windows per customer...... voilla, in about 3 Weeks - NEW PC! :)Now you have it...In 'Jack Nicholson's words (Mars Attacks) - 'cant we all just get along' ?Happy Flying

>No I'm not the "great proclaimer" just having observed the FS>series these many years and visiting sites like these and>seeing that at no time in the series history has there been a>uniform underproduction of addons for the current series as>the previous series this far into it.And in no time in history has MSFS been released with an actual round world.And in no time in history has MSFS been released with new texture formats that increase resolution by nearly 25 times with capability of even more.At this point in time, I now have an aircraft addon, and a high resolution photo scenery addon that both perform much better than was ever possible in FS9. The best addons just might take more time and knowledge this time around. Do keep in mind, that thoughout the MSFS series, that the "bar" keeps raising a few notches every year. You can't really compare "old history", as producing addons these days, keeps getting tougher & tougher to keep up with what's possible.

Guest Len

>>No I'm not the "great proclaimer" just having observed the>FS>>series these many years and visiting sites like these and>>seeing that at no time in the series history has there been>a>>uniform underproduction of addons for the current series as>>the previous series this far into it.>>And in no time in history has MSFS been released with an>actual round world.>>And in no time in history has MSFS been released with new>texture formats that increase resolution by nearly 25 times>with capability of even more.>>At this point in time, I now have an aircraft addon, and a>high resolution photo scenery addon that both perform much>better than was ever possible in FS9.>> The best addons just might take more time and knowledge this>time around. Do keep in mind, that thoughout the MSFS series,>that the "bar" keeps raising a few notches every year. You>can't really compare "old history", as producing addons these>days, keeps getting tougher & tougher to keep up with what's>possible.At no time has MS released a product wholly and completely incapable of being run on current technology.