Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingairvols

Man...do I love FSX......

Guest firehawk44

" cant undestand why there is no difference in the scenery with the slider moved all the way to the right vs moving it to the left. It dose matter why I guess, hey if it works out it works out. If there are any other slidder settings or settings in general that you have noticed real impacts with would you be kind enough to mention them? I hope this is not asking too much. However it seems like the more I read the more I am confussed and we have some simular add on produts. Also, you keep things simple which is great for someone like me."Hi Mark,I think the reason the slider doesn't make much of a difference (other than get rid of the hills around airports), is because of the high resolution mesh made by Justin at FSG. The resolution is already there.Besides the FSG North American Mesh, I also have all the Cloud9 XClass scenery installed.I have not used any tweaks for FSX other than the terrain.cfg fix (fsx_modified_terrain_cfg.zip in the AVSIM Library by Richard Ludowise and Luis F

Guest kingairvols

JimAgian thanks very much. I am sorry for the typo in my last reponce, I ment it dose NOT matter why, becuase if it works it works.I appreciate you referencing cfg refence you used as guidelines. However I am unsure of my confidence in changing the cfg files. I do understand that step one is to back up the orig cfg files (LOL). You mentioned ACES for you system, is there a place to imput my system listed below in order to find out there recomendation, or for that matter where to go to comunicate with them to find out there recomendations. When I mentioned you settings I was also courious to any slider settings that maybe (from FS9 Days) from the previous version of FS9 I have mis-configed thoughts. In other words all sliders pushed over to the right side are no longer applicaple.I really cant thank you enough, and am sorry for the follow up questions, but would rather "measure twice and saw once".I hope I can repay the favor some day.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Well now, I'm confused.>I think the reason the slider doesn't make much of a>difference (other than get rid of the hills around airports),>is because of the high resolution mesh made by Justin at FSG.>The resolution is already there.I would like to use FSGenesis but I simply can't live with the sometimes wild elevation changes (hills and plateaus) it produces for airports. If I could eliminate those abrupt changes AND keep the FSGenesis displaying properly everywhere else simply by moving the mesh resolution slider to the left I would be a very happy pilot. Currently I think that if I reduced mesh resolution I would lose the finer mesh benefits of FSGenesis. Is the new understanding that, as long as you have FSGensis installed, you will get that 10m resolution displayed, regardless of the FSX slider setting. Is this correct? Thanks for clarification.John

Guest kingairvols

Hey Jim and John:John:I am unsure of the issues unless Jims discussion with the slidders would help you out.Jim:You mentioned "Cloud9 XClass scenery" I am assuming that this is photo real type scenery?Thanks Jim. Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

You mentioned "Cloud9 XClass scenery" I am assuming that this is photo real type scenery?No, It's actually just land class! No new scenery textures, are included. It does, make the landscape more realistic looking! No more desert textures, where they don't belong!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest kingairvols

Tom;Thanks, do you use any photo real type add on's and if so are there any pre-cautions you take to assure that it will work with other add ons down the road pleas.I appricate the help.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Guest rmce

Big Ditto!I, at Xmas, allowed Santa to buy me a HP E6400/Ati 1600 rig.I was more than happy with FsFx in my old P2.4, (just was reasonable in my expectations of what I would get frame rate wise) but now with new system and AS6 I am breathless, with having my 'breath taken away' at times.I had great joy at seeing my own beautiful country of Scotland rendered so well. I was at last leg of Halifax/Glasgow and as I stared descent phase over Scottish Islands, the sun rising over the water, through the clouds and islands was amazing.I was also amazed that they included Edinburgh - Glasgow as a learing flight!The default 321 is I think superb. With full animation on, it is, to me, the best rendition of flight from a passenger wing view I have ever seen.I am beginning to suspect that the wing/engine de-icer switches now REALLY mean something! Forget them and the A/P starts to pile on the revs to a dangerous level.Centre of gravity is now a real issue!Yep,a better sim, and a joy to watch from the cockpit.Niggles a few, but the SP1 fix will hopefully sort them.

I think I will then. It will be a v0.4 or 0.5 though because I have not had time to work the AI issue out.Do not fear, I have not eliminated any of the FSX Deluxe KSTL, except for the airport boundary fence. I agree with you the default FSX Deluxe KSTL is quite nice...it just lacks rwy 11/29.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest firehawk44

"do you use any photo real type add on's and if so are there any pre-cautions you take to assure that it will work with other add ons down the road pleas."I realize your question was directed at Tom but I do have one photo real scenery addon and that's the new MegaScenery of Maui located at PCAviator.com. It looks great on my system. You'll have to download the patch on the FSInsider.com site for photo real scenery (the MegaScenery checks your system and does this for you if you don't have it installed). There is no assurance anyone can give that the photo real scenery will work for a future addon. I think most developers use the default scenery when making airport addons and a few will indicate its compatibility with photo real scenery or other addons.Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44

"You mentioned ACES for you system, is there a place to imput my system listed below in order to find out there recomendation, or for that matter where to go to comunicate with them to find out there recomendations."Mark,ACES is the team that developed FSX (thought you knew that... sorry). When you first install FSX and start FSX, your system is looked at automatically by the software and basic, default settings are made (based on testing done by the ACES developers on various computer systems). This is the default setting. You can tweak it like many have or leave it alone. I found autogen, the boats and ships, and the cars settings have the most impact on MY system. I turned off autogen and put the boats, ships and cars settings at 15% -- that's more than enough traffic at this early stage of FSX. In addition I kept the default air traffic and general aviation traffic at 15%. You have a much better system than mine and you may be able to increase some of your settings. The way I continue to enjoy FSX is to be able to taxi comfortably (keeping FPS above 8) out of an airport, take off, cruise, and land at an airport. So far I have had no problems and enjoy FSX very much.Best regards,Jim

FSX also amaze me as well. Ever since I installed it, I can't wait to get home and fly somewhere. The traffic at the airports, with all the moving cars is a fantastic. I am also getting good frame rates (except in some big airports that I get 10-15)and the weather is a blast. Combining this with Radar Contact and its, as real as it gets!Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest Stoopy

Have had FSX installed for two weeks and been holding off judgement until now. Had a bit of a head start by trying various tweaks with the demo to see what was effective on my system, and also upgraded some components (2Gig RAM, 512MB PCIe vid card) in preparation as well.Gotta say I'm completely enamored with it, and am spending much more time with it than I thought I would. VERY much digging the missions, they're very entertaining and also have a great way of making you deal with situations you may not normally put yourself in. Excellent stuff in that regard, and it's nice to be challenged in that way. The ability to thermal or use ridge lift in gliders is very much appreciated (last time I did any of that was in FS4 I think, and could never understand why it got dropped out of the more recent releases). But uit's been brought back with a vengeance, and even getting towed up to altitude behind the tow plane is a hoot!Ran into some performance issues as expected in heavily dense city areas, but for now am getting around it fairly easily by having multiple config files which can be used according to specific situations. A few issues as well when importing certain FS9 custom scenery, I tend to get building crashes almost anywhere within those scenery areas when aircraft collisions are turned on. Not sure why, and it's a bummer I wish I knew how to fix. Disabling crashes is the current workaround.Having a good time also importing my personal favorite aircraft and helo's, making the preview thumbnails so they're deservedly 'framed' in the aircraft menu, and using the new view system to add custom internal and external views to the cfg files for 'em.Am used to a few rough edges on every major FS release so the above isn't real major news. Overall am REAL happy with it, and personally I think FSX is the greatest invention since the frozen burrito. Seriously.

>"do you use any photo real type add on's and if so are there>any pre-cautions you take to assure that it will work with>other add ons down the road pleas.">>I realize your question was directed at Tom but I do have one>photo real scenery addon and that's the new MegaScenery of>Maui located at PCAviator.com. I think it's Oahu, not Maui. Probably not a big deal unless you live here.scott s..

Guest kingairvols

RonMacThanks for your positive feedback. Would you mind listing your new rigs specs. I looked for your HP# and it seems things change every day at HP.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Guest kingairvols

RonMacAlong with your new HP specs are you using autogen and are there any special settings or fixs you have used on your new HP.I appreciate your help.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel