Sign in to follow this  
simaddict

Road Traffic is comical, Any ad on or fix?

Hello, While I do love the scenery in this sim, why haven't they addressed the funny road traffic? Fly Tampa does a great job, like their KLAS for example.

I guess some day.

Thanks,

Mike.  

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

As long as you don't have crash detection turned on, it's not too bad. 🙄

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Nothing to do with that, I mean in general, observe the road traffic...Tractor trailers and cars bounce off things and whip into different directions!!  

• Like 1

AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Do you mean if crash detection is turned off, the road traffic is different? 

AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

I still hope that Asobo has the "real traffic" on their radar to implement some day. Using the real traffic from bing to show traffic jams, etc. utilizing their traffic layer, depending on the colours indicated in real time. I know they talked about it a while back!

Really would add a lot of immersion!

https://i.ibb.co/Ryx9y66/Capture.png

Edited by KERNEL32

I think it looks fine from altitude. I see little cars and trucks on the roads, even with headlights and tail lights... Yes, it can be erratic but whatever, hard to notice from the air! Its a flight simulator. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The X box version will probably have police chases into the airport......

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It needs to be slower, then it wouldn't make the erratic moves look so bad either. 

With FSX there was a file that could be decompiled, a number adjusted (half speed was good), and then the file could be dropped back into a folder in the file structure. It worked great! 

There was also a file for the stars. You could place many more, and accurately at the right magnitude. In mine the stars look terrible at the moment, like big faded smudges!

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

With FSX there was a file that could be decompiled, a number adjusted (half speed was good), and then the file could be dropped back into a folder in the file structure. It worked great! 

I applied this (manually, it was just modifying some numbers) to every version of FSX/P3D as long as I was actively using it, and it worked wonders. Would be great to see a similar mod in MSFS.

Kind regards, Michael 

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Cannot agree more with this topic. I really hope they address this in the next generation MSFS, as currently it is extremely flawed.

You just never can tell where the community will be on a given subject. One day it's well this is a Sim not a game, and the next day is we need more squirrels in the trees and they should be carrying nuts.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

18 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

You just never can tell where the community will be on a given subject. One day it's well this is a Sim not a game, and the next day is we need more squirrels in the trees and they should be carrying nuts.

Tomorrow it be we need people realistically walking downtown Manhattan or farmers plowing cornfields of Nebraska.

When they can't even get POIs to work properly do you really think the road traffic would be any better?!? I agree it looks funny/stupid up close, but it's well down the list of priorities of things that need to be fixed IMO. Those words "Quality Control", two words Asobo need to learn the meaning of.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

37 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Tomorrow it be we need people realistically walking downtown Manhattan or farmers plowing cornfields of Nebraska.

I am waiting for the beaches to be filled with bikini wearing girls. 

• Like 2