Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

[New developement version] A32NX | FlybyWire Simulations

21 minutes ago, vinodkk said:

Visually,  having a non functioning windshield wiper is an eye sore (compared to Zibo 737) Any way improving that as the model is custom built or is still limited by the SDK?

🤣

25 minutes ago, vinodkk said:

Visually,  having a non functioning windshield wiper is an eye sore (compared to Zibo 737) Any way improving that as the model is custom built or is still limited by the SDK?

Suggest that you go to the FBW Discord and ask.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Be aware, that the upcoming experimental version will presumably be more unstable, then the previous one. So if you want smooth flights, I wouldn't recommend staying on exp (if you used it before). That's why we give everybody using experimental some time to switch to development.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

FlyByWire Simulations

Dual Cat for autoland was not available on the last Dev version which is why I have stayed with the experimental version. So, we are saying that dual cat autoland is now implemented on the most recent dev version?

United001

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

8 minutes ago, united001 said:

Dual Cat for autoland was not available on the last Dev version which is why I have stayed with the experimental version. So, we are saying that dual cat autoland is now implemented on the most recent dev version?

United001

Yes it is

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

10 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

If other open source teams can reuse your code, they will be able to get things done faster, which means their plane will come out faster with fewer bugs, which benefits us all in the MSFS community.

Everyone already has permission. All our code is licensed under MIT, which basically is "do whatever you want with the code, for any purpose."

The WT flight plan system was built to be reused. The interface isn't totally perfect, and it favors compatibility with the existing map instruments for implementation speed in its current iteration, but it is free to be used by anyone. We know of a couple of projects implementing it.

That being said, we will be bringing our learnings on our flight plan system to the sim proper over the course of the year. If our flight plan system becomes obsolete, I'll feel like we did our job.

I'm personally super excited about the next phase of the 32NX. Going to be a blast to fly!

-Matt

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Everyone already has permission. All our code is licensed under MIT, which basically is "do whatever you want with the code, for any purpose."

The WT flight plan system was built to be reused. The interface isn't totally perfect, and it favors compatibility with the existing map instruments for implementation speed in its current iteration, but it is free to be used by anyone. We know of a couple of projects implementing it.

That being said, we will be bringing our learnings on our flight plan system to the sim proper over the course of the year. If our flight plan system becomes obsolete, I'll feel like we did our job.

I'm personally super excited about the next phase of the 32NX. Going to be a blast to fly!

-Matt

Thanks Matt and the WT team!  You guys are providing the foundation for the other open source teams to move forward with!  I hope other open source projects benefit from your work!  

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

10 hours ago, beep747 said:

The flight model i

In what version has this been done,  please? I'm a bit confused here. 

It is in both the developmental and the experimental versions. 

10 hours ago, beep747 said:

Edited by Donstim
Duplicate post

2 hours ago, MattNischan said:

So you mean obsolete cause ALL the core aircraft in MSFS will use it, or a version of it? The type aircraft it is meant for? Great job WT and FBW, and others!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

7 minutes ago, in2tech said:

So you mean obsolete cause ALL the core aircraft in MSFS will use it, or a version of it? The type aircraft it is meant for? Great job WT and FBW, and others!

I mean an underlying flight plan system (not the FMS specifically, but the flight plan part) that has a feature set comprehensive enough that everything can use. From the GNS430 all the way to the most complex airliner.

But, this isn't a WT thread, and I don't want to steal any much deserved thunder from the awesome FBW folks!

-Matt

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

But, this isn't a WT thread, and I don't want to steal any much deserved thunder from the awesome FBW folks!

You don't dare! 😄

No problems at all. Just feel free...

• Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations

anyone experiencing CTD with this version?

Thomas Derbyshire

18 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

anyone experiencing CTD with this version?

I have had 2 in a row, separate flights.  The sim will freeze and then CTD.  The second crash noted CoherentUIGT.dll in event viewer.  Not sure I can attribute it to FBW as there are so many variables, but was planning another flight later in the CRJ to see what happens on a different aircraft.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

As a test, remove all custom liveries from your community folder and try again. Most of the issues come from them (some of them).

FlyByWire Simulations