Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

[New developement version] A32NX | FlybyWire Simulations

3 hours ago, Watsi said:

As a test, remove all custom liveries from your community folder and try again. Most of the issues come from them (some of them).

Come to think of it, my CTDs occurred with an American livery I downloaded yesterday.  Now I can’t find it on the site I downloaded it from.  I wonder if it was pulled due to an issue.  I’ll try again using a FBW stock livery.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

5 hours ago, Gilandred said:

I’ll try again using a FBW stock livery.

You have to physically remove the liveries from your community folder (especially when you also use them for AI traffic). Cause they can make issues even if you're not actively flying one.

FlyByWire Simulations

Hi there,

A preview of our custom flight plan manager for the upcoming experimental version. Seen in this screenshot is a far better interpretation of a SID (CYYZ06R, ANCOL4 departure) compared to the default flight plan system.

It will include support for discontinuities, remove very old bugs (going direct to the runway on approach, not being able to remove approach waypoints) and reduce stuttering during flight. Shout-out to the Working Title team for the base code.

This will also include our custom LNAV, which will eventually perform transitions and navigation in an extremely realistic way. Keep in mind that particular aspect is not yet fully realized.

unknown.png

• Like 17

FlyByWire Simulations

29 minutes ago, Watsi said:

Hi there,

A preview of our custom flight plan manager for the upcoming experimental version. Seen in this screenshot is a far better interpretation of a SID (CYYZ06R, ANCOL4 departure) compared to the default flight plan system.

It will include support for discontinuities, remove very old bugs (going direct to the runway on approach, not being able to remove approach waypoints) and reduce stuttering during flight. Shout-out to the Working Title team for the base code.

This will also include our custom LNAV, which will eventually perform transitions and navigation in an extremely realistic way. Keep in mind that particular aspect is not yet fully realized.

unknown.png

Your team is doing a fantastic job. I'm a Boeing guy, but Airbus is growing on me! Keep it up!

• Like 4

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Great to see this collaberation between WT  and FBW.... also credit to MS/Asobo for the foresight in bringing WT on board, and from my point of view is already starting to make real progress with complexity of the a320NX  improving all the time.

Future's looking great.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, Watsi said:

Hi there,

unknown.png

Is this available yet on the experimental branch or not yet?

1 hour ago, highflyer2020 said:

Is this available yet on the experimental branch or not yet?

Not yet, but hopefully soon(ish).

• Like 6

FlyByWire Simulations

Guys ive not flown the FBW for a while. Are we still seeing issues on approach where it diverts to a different waypoint giving the need to direct-to to get it back or is that fixed now?

• Upvote 1

It's my understanding that that is a flight planner issue, which, I believe, will be corrected when the above mentioned custom flight planner is released (in the experimental version first).

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

8 hours ago, Watsi said:

Not yet, but hopefully soon(ish).

So, are you guys going the way of P3D (and Aerosoft in MSFS) in terms of flight planning? Start with NO plan entered then enter your route via your SimBrief? I'd love that. I am so used to entering my own flight that whenever I use the default flight planner (for ATC purposes), I can't enter my own flight plan. 

17 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

So, are you guys going the way of P3D (and Aerosoft in MSFS) in terms of flight planning? Start with NO plan entered then enter your route via your SimBrief? I'd love that. I am so used to entering my own flight that whenever I use the default flight planner (for ATC purposes), I can't enter my own flight plan. 

I'm doing that now. (Note: I am NOT an expert at flight planning...)

• Set up a flight plan on SimBrief.
  • Start MSFS
  • On the World Map screen I select my departure airport with a gate or ramp (cold & dark start), no IFR stuff, leave it on VFR. No destination.
  • Hit Fly now. Once flight is loaded, start the checklists.
  • Once ADIRS are aligned and GPS is active, use the MCDU/ATCU menus to load the flight plan from SimBrief.
  • On the FPLN page, add the departure runway and SID (if available), and the approach with STAR (if available) and Transition (if available) (or leave for later once near the destination and ATC gives the approach) I usually have the VFR map open to see what my selections will look like and adjust as needed.
  • Go through the INIT pages.
  • Finish up with the PERF pages.

The one caveat with this method is that ATC does not know what your cruise altitude is. I get around that by, shortly after takeoff, requesting cruise altitude increases up to my flight plan cruise altitude (all at once). ATC will then get me up to that altitude, and will descend me appropriately.

As they say, YMMV, but it works for me.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

That’s why I am not doing it like you - I was aware of that method. But I don’t like that ATC doesn’t recognize as IFR flight. I still like having that as well. 

for what its worth, I am typing this after three attempts to use the FBW latest experimental.  I had three CTD' at about 20-30 minutes into the flight.  No liveries of any type (except FBW) and no other mods in the community folder.  I am in the flight now using the current development version.  I would provide a report of the CTDS, but with no displayed error code I am not sure what to say. 

The development one seems to be doing fine, another 45 minutes and the flight should conclude if all goes well.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

49 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

for what its worth, I am typing this after three attempts to use the FBW latest experimental.  I had three CTD' at about 20-30 minutes into the flight.  No liveries of any type (except FBW) and no other mods in the community folder.  I am in the flight now using the current development version.  I would provide a report of the CTDS, but with no displayed error code I am not sure what to say. 

The development one seems to be doing fine, another 45 minutes and the flight should conclude if all goes well.

The experimental version should not be used at the moment. Use the development version.

This is one of the long awaited features that I have been waiting for! The custom flight plan along with LNAV/VNAV!

I can't wait to give this a try! I haven't touched the A320 in months. I also hope they will decouple the MCDU's and make them as independent units. That's a big immersion killer for me.

Edited by captain420
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU