Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

FSDG Capetown (FACT) v2 out now

I think Simmarket have gotten sloppy with their installers as I recently purchased the updated LFPG and it said the installer was V1.0.0 when it had indeed been updated.

i do think Simmarket owe people to get this stuff right as it took a number of support requests to T2G to establish that it was indeed the updated version.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

I've got an email from Simmarket to say the update is available, but when I log in to my account I can only see the original installer. Usually updates are shown as separate files?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I see no update at the bottom where they usually are in my Simmarket account. 

Eric 

For Simmarket just download the original installer again.  Once downloaded if I go into the properties it shows version number 2.0.  

Nick Running

5 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

I've got an email from Simmarket to say the update is available, but when I log in to my account I can only see the original installer. Usually updates are shown as separate files?

FSDG does not provide seperate updates. It's always been an updated version of the original installer. Download it and compare the file sizes: you can see the new one is over 200MB bigger.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Do I need to uninstall the previous version or just run the new installer?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

3 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Do I need to uninstall the previous version or just run the new installer?

I would uninstall the original one, always...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Uninstalled and installed the new version. Did a quick flight around Table Mountain and did an ILS approach on 01. Looks great and the default control tower is now gone. Thanks FSDG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Johan Pienaar

That's good news! Glad you like the updated version.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On 4/24/2021 at 5:47 PM, 787flyer said:

Hi Rob,

Take a look at their Facebook page. FACT V2.0 was released on April 22nd.😉 They also announced an MSFS version is planned to come.

https://www.facebook.com/flightsimdevelopmentgroup/

Cheers,

Thanks Mark. I couldn’t find any mention of a v2 on either of your links, but i trust you that it’s actually a thing! I’ll check out simmarket again and see if there’s any change. I only bought this (v1) a few weeks ago, so i’m late to the FACT party. 🙂

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Successfully downloaded the new version from Simmarket. Can't see obvious differences but runs well at a good FPS. Only problem is LOTS of shimmering on the buildings (moiré pattern on face of main terminal) and the dreaded moving white ascending lines on some other in the distance. The apron and taxi-ways are all steady.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Successfully downloaded the new version from Simmarket. Can't see obvious differences but runs well at a good FPS. Only problem is LOTS of shimmering on the buildings (moiré pattern on face of main terminal) and the dreaded moving white ascending lines on some other in the distance. The apron and taxi-ways are all steady.

That doesn't sound like the updated version to me.

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

That doesn't sound like the updated version to me.

Well, it says so. 

In properties of the .exe : Product version 2.0.0.0 File version 2.0.0.0.

I should mention that  this is 4.5HF3 not v5.

Edited by IanHarrison
Updated

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.