Sign in to follow this  
longrangecruise

ORBX partner discounts : Milviz KA350

Hi,

first time I see the Kingair on sale. how is it? How about VRAM usage?

On the other hand there is a very good version by Airfoillabs in XP 11.

I could also purchase MSFS 2020 for the same price and use the default Kingair (plus having the game) and wait till Milviz brings it out for that platform.

Then there is also the P180 (not offered by orbx). Decisions, decisions...

Edited by longrangecruise

Regards, Perry

I just purchased the KA350i from Milviz at full price several days ago.  That's the story of my life!  I think it was worth the money at full price, though.

I have no issues with the VRAM usage, although I did read it was an issue some time ago, it appears to have been fixed.  I show much lower VRAM usage than PMDG or FSLabs.  My settings are set pretty high, too, but not everything all the way to the right, and I was running at about 6 gigs out of 10 on the ground at Flightbeam KPHX.

I also have the Airfoil Labs King Air for XP11, and to me, they serve different purposes.  The AFL has a steam gauge cockpit and a few different avionics options, up to adding the RXP GTN750, which is my preferred set up.  The Milviz with the PL21 avionics is very good and very polished, and it's nice to have a simulation of what you'll find in a typical modern KA350.

Don't bother with MSFS if you're just looking for a King Air.  It's not very good even with the WT Garmin upgrades.  Wait until they fix the turboprop logic, at the very least.  MSFS is worth having, but if you're just looking for a King Air, spend the money on the Milviz or Airfoil labs.

• Like 1

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

3 hours ago, cmorg said:

just purchased the KA350i from Milviz at full price several days ago.  That's the story of my life!  I think it was worth the money at full price, though.

Many thanks for sharing your opinion. At least when you purchase directly through them you get a discount for the future MSFS version, should you be interested in that.

• Like 1

Regards, Perry

I have both he MilViz KA350i and P180. Both are excellent. The Milviz PL21 imho is the best presentation of that cockpit available in P3d. I have spent a fair bit of time in the rw flying the KA90 & 200 off and on over the better part of 20 years  and I would say the MV King Air cockpit is a very nice place to be. Never flew the 350 but those I know that have have said if you like the 200 (I really liked the 200) you would love the 350.

The P180 is an interesting aircraft. I found a pilot report as i was dubious about just how quick it was/is and it is a fast machine in the real world and in the sim. Beautiful to look at too. it is a very enjoyable aircraft in P3d just like their King Air.

You would not go wrong with either one of these MilViz products.

• Like 2

Although the Orbx page says there is a 30% discount--it actually works out to 20% in USD [63.45/79.99=80%]

It's little things like this that make me suspicious of Milviz.  They make nice looking [but IMHO grossly overpriced] planes but their disclaimers about the things that do not work are often quite inconspicuous--e.g. the radios in both the P3D and the MSFS Corsairs.  What could have been so difficult about making a working ADF for those planes?

According to their website, the forthcoming Skyraider will not have a working arresting hook--unless you also purchase TacPac. 

It is these things along with their intial attitude about charging for v5 updates when none of the other companies did that make me very cautious in dealing with this company.

Edited by TASCHMANN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, longrangecruise said:

Many thanks for sharing your opinion. At least when you purchase directly through them you get a discount for the future MSFS version, should you be interested in that.

I actually wasn't aware of that!  Very cool.  I'm very anxious to see MSFS's improvements to the turboprop systems that they touted in the last dev Q&A, but I honestly am not spending much time in MSFS yet, not that there aren't good things going on there.

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

1 hour ago, TASCHMANN said:

Although the Orbx page says there is a 30% discount--it actually works out to 20% in USD [63.45/79.99=80%] It's little things like this that make me suspicious of Milviz

Orbx and Milviz are deceiving no one in this respect.

2.jpg

117 AUD minus 81.90 AUD = 35.10 AUD.  35.10 AUD divided by 117 AUD = 0.3 = 3/10 = 30 %. Customers pay in AUD.

Using today's internet exchange rate, 117 AUD = USD and 81.90 AUD = 63.40 USD.

90.57 USD minus 63.40 USD = 27.17 USD. 27.17 USD divided by 90.57 USD = 0.3 = 3/10 = 30%.

Facts are so much more useful than fiction.

Edited by Reader

I didn't see it as "fiction", but the facts behind the numbers were somewhat muddled. 

The KA-350i sells for 79.99 USD right now direct from the Milviz web store, so the Orbx sale price is a 20.75% discount from the Milviz direct price when converted to USD ($64.30 / $79.99).

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

25 minutes ago, Reader said:

Facts are so much more useful than fiction.

Right...here's a fact: The price on Milviz's website is $79.99 usd.   Of course if you arbitrarily increase that to $90..out of thin air... then what you say makes sense.  Otherwise, I'm afraid not.

There's a world of difference between "salesmanship" and purposefully inaccurate statements.  The question is whether the "muddling" was intentional.  I can't believe that inflating the real price for the purpose of misstating the actual discount percentage was not.

This together with the other things I mention in my previous post suggest to me a pattern of obfuscation.

Edited by TASCHMANN

Here is the "arbitrary" price, drawn from the same thin air that you must have looked at to make your post in the first place.

2.jpg

Your assertion, now seconded by the forum administrator, was that Orbx was incorrectly stating that there is a 30% discount on their price. It is you who is drawing in unconnected figures from another website and using them to fabricate a case against Orbx and Milviz.

I see that at SimMarket, the price is EURO 87.60, at today's exchange rate, 109.57 USD. Without VAT, EURO 70.08 or 84.78 USD or 109.43 AUD. Perhaps you would like to fabricate another case against Milviz, Orbx or SimMarket based on those figures too.

Edited by Reader

Reader,

If you like dealing with this company, please feel free to do so.  I have chosen not to for the reasons I've given.

Edited by TASCHMANN

I accept your other reasons and have no dispute with them. I don't like assertions that a 30% discount is incorrectly being claimed to be the case. The claim is that there is a 30% discount on the Orbx price at Orbx Direct and the evidence clearly shows that there is.  The fact that there are at least two other prices at other retailers is not relevant, despite the assertions made here to the contrary. As I wrote, facts are more use to the reader.

10 hours ago, cmorg said:

I also have the Airfoil Labs King Air for XP11, and to me, they serve different purposes. 

May I ask which you prefer out of the 2 ?

I have the Airfoil Labs and think it’s  excellent, probably the best GA aircraft  I’ve used on any platform, but I read really good things about the milviz version from owners.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Hi:

Does the King Air have an optional "Pause At Top of Decent"?

Thank you

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

12 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

Reader,

If you like dealing with this company, please feel free to do so.  I have chosen not to for the reasons I've given.

I'm with you TASCHMANN. Haven't bought from them in many years. Overpriced to start with and then exploitative with upgrades/improvements. I see their pretty pictures, but then move along swiftly.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit