Sign in to follow this  
longrangecruise

ORBX partner discounts : Milviz KA350

13 hours ago, jon b said:

May I ask which you prefer out of the 2 ?

I haven't had the Milviz for long enough and don't have enough time in the cockpit with it to really give you an informed answer to that.  I absolutely LOVE the Airfoil Labs version, totally a close contender for best GA in XP11, and I really do love an analog cockpit.  The Milviz feels more stable to me, and I've really enjoyed handflying it, but I am not a pilot and can't speak to the real aircraft's stability in comparison to the sim versions.  I can say that from the 5 or 6 hours I have in the Milviz, it does seem every bit as good as the Airfoil Labs.  My only complaint so far, and there may be something that can be done about it, is that there are items in the VC that seem to only be able to be manipulated by middle mouse button, and being a Chaseplane user, I've gotten used to using that for moving the viewpoint quickly.  You can disable it in Chaseplane when you need to manipulate those buttons in the VC, but from what I've seen so far, you can't reassign it for the aircraft or in Chaseplane, so having to go back and forth disabling it is kind of a pain.  Again, I haven't found a way to change that, but that's not to say that there isn't one that I haven't found yet.

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

Thanks a lot for the reply, much appreciated.

Yes, that AFL kingair really is superb, and I too definitely prefer the analog cockpit.

I’m not sure I specifically need another kingair in my life but it’s always nice to use the more high end sim aircraft as there’s been time spent on the flight modelling, which is what interests me.

I’ve not seen the milviz on sale before so will probably end up getting it Now even if I save it for the long winter nights.

cheers

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On my list for next week still have the LM default 350 from P3Dv4 that i saved before LM removed it, and i have had my eye on this for some time.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 4/25/2021 at 1:13 PM, cmorg said:

I haven't had the Milviz for long enough

@dbw1 

Do you, or someone else who owns it, have any experience in saving a flight? Is it possible to reload a previously saved flight e.g with engines running on ground or during cruise (through the P3D menu)?

I did see, that you could select current state in the configuration tool, but that there is no ready to fly state.

Edited by longrangecruise

Regards, Perry

Any idea how long this sale is going to last?

Update, I saw the countdown timer when I went to their website. 

Edited by Dcogden
Updated info

3 hours ago, longrangecruise said:

@dbw1 

Do you, or someone else who owns it, have any experience in saving a flight? Is it possible to reload a previously saved flight e.g with engines running on ground or during cruise (through the P3D menu)?

I did see, that you could select current state in the configuration tool, but that there is no ready to fly state.

I use FSUIPC autosave and I've had to use it only once.  Everything loaded in fine except I had to put my flight plan and information back in the FMS, so I switched to AP HDG mode and vectored myself back to the next waypoint once I got the flight plan back in.  I've not experimented with the saves all that much though.  Should work just fine for picking up a saved flight with the engines running or during cruise through the menu.  I'll have to look at the MVAMS again, but I'm pretty sure you can set a ready to taxi state, but I'll check on that this afternoon and report back.

• Like 1

-C

8 hours ago, longrangecruise said:

@dbw1 

So I was wrong, there is no "Ready to Taxi", but there is a current conditions selection.  I don't have time to try it out for myself tonight but I'll see if I can't test it out and see if I can get a ready to taxi/fly state to be the default-load in.

-C

15 hours ago, cmorg said:

I use FSUIPC autosave and I've had to use it only once.  Everything loaded in fine except I had to put my flight plan and information back in the FMS,

Many thanks for all your efforts, that was really helpful.

In the meantime I’ve got an answer from MV, too, confirming your findings. They just wouldn’t recommend to load a saved flight in-flight as some systems may not start up properly.

For starting a new flight with engines running they said you just have to click current conditions beforehand.

Regards, Perry

3 hours ago, longrangecruise said:

Many thanks for all your efforts, that was really helpful.

In the meantime I’ve got an answer from MV, too, confirming your findings. They just wouldn’t recommend to load a saved flight in-flight as some systems may not start up properly.

For starting a new flight with engines running they said you just have to click current conditions beforehand.

Glad you got an answer from MV.  And their recommendation not to load in a save from mid-flight confirms my experience too, although it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for me plugging back in a short flight plan.  I'm definitely pleased with it, and would recommend a buy to anyone even at full price.  If you do get it, drop back in with your thoughts!

-C

Just wondering... has Miviz / ORBX increased the price and then offer a 30% discount?  I'm sure I saw it at +/- 52 Euros last week.

🤔

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

1 hour ago, Hauer said:

Just wondering... has Miviz / ORBX increased the price and then offer a 30% discount?  I'm sure I saw it at +/- 52 Euros last week.

🤔

Yeah, I'd noticed the same thing. I just checked back at a cached copy of the page, and it seems based on a few randomly picked products, that P3D and XP ORBX airports have increased generally by 3%, third party aircraft by roughly 10%, third party MSFS airports by roughly 10%, and no increase on ORBX airports for MSFS. Note that I'm viewing in Australian Dollar rates here.

A quick hunt in their forums though shows that they've apparently implemented the calculation of sales tax for various regions around the world which now require this (i.e. VAT). There has been an unexpected consequence for those buying in Australian dollars though it seems, where you may get charged double the local GST tax. They're apparently working to correct this, and refunding Aussies the difference in the mean time. But if you're buying in Euros, then it might be that additional tax now that you're seeing as well.

Ah the old tax trick. The cynic in me wonders if they haven't been absorbing the tax charges all along, but now need to make even more money. Next it will be inflation, paypal or foreign currency "adjustments".

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

54 minutes ago, rooitou said:

Ah the old tax trick. The cynic in me wonders if they haven't been absorbing the tax charges all along, but now need to make even more money. Next it will be inflation, paypal or foreign currency "adjustments".

Presumably your deep cynicism prevents you from any dealings with Orbx or any other online entity that adds local taxes to their prices, of which there are thousands. 

21 hours ago, Reader said:

Presumably your deep cynicism prevents you from any dealings with Orbx or any other online entity that adds local taxes to their prices, of which there are thousands. 

You're quite correct reader, there are definitely a few more. However, I tend to favour developers who offer "reasonable" prices to start off with and then keep it there. I fully understand that there are people with infinitely deeper pockets than mine who are prepared to pay whatever is being asked.

Perhaps a bad analogy is the situation with graphics cards currently. Prices have skyrocketed and the only reason they (scalpers mainly) get away with it is because there are people still throwing money at them!?

I'm much more careful with the way I spend and haven't even bought at ORBX in a long time actually. Still waiting in vain for the 50% off sales.

• Like 2

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit