Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

What's with these pauses?

So, after a couple of months away from the sim, I recently installed the latest updates to see where we are. Loaded LAX and had the A320 fly out of 07L via Ai. It went well for a couple of seconds, however very soon I was getting erratic pauses. I wouldn't call it stutters, the sim was smooth, and these pauses were too long (up to more than 2 secs) to qualify as stutters. Bummer. So next I reset my graphic settings and restarted the flight. Same pauses, no difference. Rage quit. What is going on here?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

2 hours ago, Colonel X said:

So, after a couple of months away from the sim,

What is going on here?

Every new update has brought new issues or challenges that will need to be addressed by ASOBO. It's still a WIP.

Try disabling AI and see if it helps.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Turn off multiplayer. There's a bug where if someone near you has a livery that you don't, it causes nasty pauses like you describe. Asobo is aware, but no fix yet. 

21 minutes ago, mattn said:

Turn off multiplayer. There's a bug where if someone near you has a livery that you don't, it causes nasty pauses like you describe. Asobo is aware, but no fix yet. 

Happened with live traffic no multiplayer 

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I... blame... the pauses... on... William... Shatner.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

and Bill Gates.

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

My machine used to fun MSFS2020 so smooth it was amazing and after the last update...stutters, chunky....not worth starting up at the moment.

I9-9900k, 2080-8gigs, 32 gigs ram....... I am not exactly under powered.

I haven't been flying MSFS for very long, but I notice that areas when I flew in before the update were smooth, now after they "fixed' the scenery in the update, now it stutters. I guess they will eventually fix it so everything stutters. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

4 minutes ago, Lynchie said:

I found turning off rolling cash fixed the problem for me.

I could do with some rolling cash at the moment. Bills don't pay themselves.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

I could do with some rolling cash at the moment. Bills don't pay themselves.

Beat me to it by seconds!😁

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I am seeing this with the stable version of the FBW 320.  I need to test with some other aircraft but I am getting severe FPS drops down to 1-3fps on about a 3-4 mile final to airports.  Most recently KATL 26R but have had it on several at about the same spot on final and makes it nearly impossible to fly. The FPS then will come back after about 20-30 seconds of this. I don't use Multiplayer, rolling cache or AI/live traffic.  I am just not sure if this was induced after the latest MSFS update or if it is specific to the FBW 320.  Need to test some more but just wanted to add what I am experiencing...

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11