Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

What's with these pauses?

On my system the rolling cache helps do away with pauses and turning down settings (guided by the developer mode FPS counter) made for a MUCH smoother flying experience.

that said - this is just me and my system.  I hope ya'll get it sorted out.

Note that I am GPU limited and render scaling seemed to make the biggest difference. I think Im down to 120 at the moment. I lowered the LOD settings as well but all still above 100 so Im fine with it.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I could do with some rolling cash at the moment. Bills don't pay themselves.

That's Cache, sorry, no money coming your way 🙂 Now watch me have spelled it wrong 🙂 Checking Google! Think I am good! Not sure why that made me laugh?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I found turning off all online stuff like multiplayer, live weather and live traffic will make the game playable again without stutter, pauses and ctd's.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I dont have any problems when I just fly with groups off (ie. multiplayer off). For me the pauses every second is related to this alone, and we already know it is because of liveries. I dont know why we are not getting a hotfix for this. Alot of events etc are bound to struggle because of this error. On my discord server alone we host 3-4 events every week, and it is a pain right now because there is always someone who forgot to put default livery, or some late-comer that forgot. Or some stranger that found your big group near his home town and wants to check you out with his non-default livery. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

13 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I could do with some rolling cash at the moment. Bills don't pay themselves.

Lol, made me laugh too. Only had 4 hrs sleep, still no excuse I spose.

Lynchie

It is not only related to multiplayer (I wish it was as I never use it anyway).

I have pauses (new ones introduced recently) and I believe it is due to problem default scenery areas (tried with community folder empty).

There is still quite a lot that needs fixing in this sim.  The shame of it is, these were introduced with recent updates.  It had been going fine before that.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

To summarize it, nobody knows what's going on and there is no fix. Multiplayer, Rolling Cache... all those things have no influence. 

• Like 4

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

9 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

To summarize it, nobody knows what's going on and there is no fix. Multiplayer, Rolling Cache... all those things have no influence. 

Welcome to my world too. Not a recent thing. I've had these multi-second freezes since last fall. Eastern approach into LAX is the worst, but it occurs in several other large urban areas too in a lesser amount (Tampa and Perth to name two). Reducing strain mitigates to a degree, but nothing fixes it. CPU and GPU load are not causal factors, not caches, nor photogammetry AFAIK. It's really killed my enjoyment of MSFS because it occurs in some of the areas I like to fly. I've completely stopped buying add-ons until I see a fix.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

The latest update to MSFS causes stutters and multi second pauses. I have not seen the latter before. I don’t really have any time now to game so i will just wait for the next update and retest. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Oh Boy I too have been away from the sim for a while now,

Been putting some hours in with my VA. I was thinking of firing up MSFS after my current leg but I am not sure I'll bother. It seems such a shame that every time I check in here there seems to be so many issues.

I really hope that Asobo get their act together, they appear to be losing credibility very quickly. 

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I think these pauses are the single most off putting thing in flight sim.

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I completely agree.  These pauses - for me worst at taxiing and landing stages - are a right royal pain.  Turning off all other traffic sort of helps but it's a real downer, a regressive step much like going into some sort of aviation lock down state (not something I want simulated from the real world).

April was the start of the best performance and mostly stutter/pause-free flying I've had, and no 1 second (or longer) pauses for about 3 weeks, including the recent hotfix. Prior to this I would get them as I approached most areas with water in the scenery. I enjoy flying around the graphically intense places like the cities of NewYork and LA and would experience a few there.

Can you say which version of windows are you using?

I did most of the things below back in March or earlier. I did the ReBar thingy back when it was first announced that the 3080 had firmware update ready to support it. The Euro world update was where I first noticed my pauses had stopped

I'm using 21h1, Lately my 21H1 has downloaded itself a few updates, most of them throughout April.

HAGS is turned on

nvidia driver 466.11

only the heli mod in the community folder

I've installed all the free in-game addons from the marketplace that MSFS has available

I have multiplayer off, realtime traffic on, car traffic at 80% and other AI traffic at 10%

Currently I'm not overclock / underclock / undervolting anything

I've updated the video card bios to support Re-Bar, ReBar is enabled in my motherboard bios (I'm aware this may not be used by MSFS at this stage)

I've excluded MSFS from Windows Defender 

I've added MSFS to the graphics options as High Performance Mode

Game Mode is enabled

I'm using AMD's motherboard chipset driver (not Microsoft's default chipset drivers)

Edited by dogmanbird