Sign in to follow this  
WestEnd

Missing PAPI lights at some runways in P3D v5.1

Hi,

I have noticed at a few airports I have used in P3D v5.1 there are 2 PAPI lights instead of 4 (Bangkok VTBS and some runways at Chicago KORD for example). Some airports / runways have no PAPI lights at all (some runways at Chicago KORD and both runways at Geneva LSGG for example).

These issues were something I noticed in P3D v5, and they are also the same in 5.1 after a complete uninstall of v5, and a clean install of 5.1.

Also at Tokyo RJTT there is no ILS appearing in the planes, although there should be according to Navigraph.

Probably I have flown to or from about 60 airports in P3D v5, so it looks like maybe 5% or so of airports have such issues.

I don't see much if anything on a Google search about it, and I posted about this on P3D's forum a while ago, and there were no replies.

I thought it may have been an issue with Orbx, but having removed my Orbx library from the sim these runway anomalies are still there, albeit my Orbx library was still on my PC but was no longer linked to the sim, so my scenery had returned to default.

I wonder if it is a problem at my end, or if most people are just accepting you cannot fully use all the airports in P3D as intended.

Any feedback from other users as to whether they also have these issues or not would be good.

Thanks

Calum

Edited by WestEnd

Calum Watt

Hi,

I would really appreciate it if some other P3D v5 users could confirm if they are having these issues or not.

If that's just what P3D is like then I can stop looking for solutions.

If every set of 4 PAPI lights on the long runways at large international airports should be there, and every ILS slope as indicated on Navigraph charts should be there, then I need to work out why mine aren't.

Calum Watt

Hi there. I had (and still have) exactly the same problem when EA is *not* enabled. My issue is not only papi lights, but runway lights too for some airports. However, with EA enabled everything is fine. Despite help from the community and Simbol, I couldn’t find a root cause.

@WestEnd, the visual glideslope indicators in some P3D default scenery airports do not match the real airport's counterpart.  Most that don't show Visual Approach Slope Indicator (VASI) instead of Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) lights.  Others don't show lights at all.  I've noticed P3Dv5 runways tend to be more current than previous versions.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

3 minutes ago, David Vega said:

@WestEnd, the visual glideslope indicators in some P3D default scenery airports do not match the real airport's counterpart.  Most that don't show Visual Approach Slope Indicator (VASI) instead of Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) lights.  Others don't show lights at all.  I've noticed P3Dv5 runways tend to be more current than previous versions.  

Hopefully these are P3d v5 issues, and not issues with my sim alone.

Then I can stop looking for solutions and perhaps LM will update the lights etc over time.

Calum Watt

1 hour ago, Wingnut_84 said:

Hi there. I had (and still have) exactly the same problem when EA is *not* enabled. My issue is not only papi lights, but runway lights too for some airports. However, with EA enabled everything is fine. Despite help from the community and Simbol, I couldn’t find a root cause.

I have EA enabled. 

Calum Watt