Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Pocket Rocket - The excellent Rob Young Turbo Bonanza mod

Only discovered this a couple of weeks ago thanks to a poster on AVSIM.

Rob has worked wonders on the default Bonanza G36 and produced the ultimate boy racer machine 😉

His mod turns the default Bonanza from a toy into a proper aircraft. Love it.

Doing a test flight right now from Biggin Hill to Manchester on YouTube if anyone fancies a peek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lGAMrNF93Y

Really fab aircraft - was about to uninstall MSFS until I installed this.

Cheers

CapMoore

• Like 2

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Glad you're enjoying it- it is BRILLIANT, but anything he (and Sean) ever produced is!

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

43 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Glad you're enjoying it- it is BRILLIANT, but anything he (and Sean) ever produced is!

Fully agree.

On the other hand, I feel he's somewhat disappointed by the undocumented changes continuously made by Asobo with the different updates and it seems that he's not too active anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong and he could continue his saga.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I've flown 9000 miles along the route of the 1924 Douglas World Cruiser around the world flight in the Turbo Bonanza so far (started in Santa Monica, currently in Ho Chi Minh City).  No major issues with the Turbo Bonanza + WT G1000 even in the current version of the sim. The one minor issue is that the the engine page on the MFD reverted back to the stock version due to Asobo changes in the last version.

Link to version 3: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/588903-bonanza-turbo-v3-released/

Edited by marsman2020
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Fully agree.

On the other hand, I feel he's somewhat disappointed by the undocumented changes continuously made by Asobo with the different updates and it seems that he's not too active anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong and he could continue his saga.

He (Rob Young) has certainly, to my knowledge at least, been conspicuously absent lately.  I believe he was working on the DA62 as well but nothing has come of it as yet. The last I heard of him he was fairly uncomplimentary about having to constantly fix his work after each update.  I really felt for him and all the other developers who were modifying aircraft for free and having them broken all the time by dedicated people at Asobo.  I very much got the impression that MS/Asobo really wanted freeware developers to stop, but this is negated by the fact that breakages/faults/bugs are happening randomly and only for some consumers, on other aspects of the sim. 

It would appear that nothing has changed in this respect nine months on and one has to wonder when it is going to stop.  It does point to a huge lack of quality checking (qualified beta testers) or simply just ignoring the input of the testers.

I love this sim to bits but it is most certainly the most frustrating platform as far as problems are concerned, in recent memory.

I simply want Rob and all others who have given up, to come back and continue their generous and dedicated work for the benefit of our community.

Tony

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Tony, Ed et al-

May I just say Rob has his plate full at the moment, and would you please accept that? 

He is an enormous talent for our community, and no one more than I wishes he were able to return to active development.  He cannot at this time. It is my fervent hope that will change....

Best- C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

He (Rob Young) has certainly, to my knowledge at least, been conspicuously absent lately. 

Tony

One thing from many of Robs posts is he usually reminds us about the condition of his health and how taxing it usually is to do much of the work he does do.

Let's all hope Rob is ok and is just taking a voluntary non-health related break from simming.

• Like 4

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

3 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Tony, Ed et al-

May I just say Rob has his plate full at the moment, and would you please accept that? 

He is an enormous talent for our community, and no one more than I wishes he were able to return to active development.  He cannot at this time. It is my fervent hope that will change....

Best- C

We need a Care Deeply tag we can select for news like this.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Tony, Ed et al-

Best- C

+1 for this.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Hello all,

Sorry about my absence lately. It is almost solely health related. Without going into detail I'm pleased to say I am feeling a little better lately, and for the first time in many weeks I fired up FS 2020 and loaded my DA62 mod. It is working well with the current Asobo update but there are a few details which are proving hard to get perfect. If I can fix these stand-out issues I might be able to release quite soon, if my health holds up.

I could release it right now but I want it to be as good as it can be, the principle aspects of the mod being a complete overhaul of the flight model and engine, which as you may know, is by default grossly underpowered - at least when taking off. That is completely solved now.

I will try to get a current version out to my fantastic testing colleagues and we'll see what they have to say before I commit to a release. Thanks so much for your interest.

Robert

• Like 50
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Robert,

I could not be more sincere in my best wishes for a complete recovery from whatever ails you.  I am sure that the community at large would echo my concern.

Thank you for your support and, indeed your response here.  

Regards

Tony

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

@robert young That is excellent news (about your health).  The G36 is holding up very well to the updates by the way - I still fly it a lot.

If the DA-62 comes, it is just a bonus.  Please look after yourself and your health first.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Rob,

It was nice to hear from you and learning that your health is improving. You know certainly that you and your work  are much appreciated among a huge majority of simmers!

Wishing you a complete and fast recovery.

Best regards 

Edited by ega

Edmundo Azevedo

As above very glad your feeling better. You heath comes before anything. Take care Robert.

• Like 1

David Murden.   MSFS  • Fenix A320 • PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet •

• Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF •  Flightsim.to •

DCS • A10c II • F-16c • F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier • Terrains = • Nevada NTTR • Persian Gulf • Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON •  32GB DDR4  3200MHz • RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip •