Sign in to follow this  
Guest iwantmydc3

DANG IT! Anyone fixed this yet???

This drives me nuts!!!In the VC mode (occurs most but not all the time), if you drag your cursor over something that has a tooltip associated with it, you get this weird effect, like the screen redraws up to that tooltip, horizontally...It's sooooooo annoying. I know a couple of peeps get this too, not everyone though..I've tried different drivers too....no idea....http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164756.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,I'm afraid this is a NVIDA bug. There are quite a few people (including myself) suffering from that problem. The only things that helped me fight this is:- Turn off tool tips (which I like to have on)- enable/force vsync has helped me quite a bit (nvidia driver settings)- in full screen when I change from bilinear to trilinear (or the other way around) it will cure this temporarily too. Hope this helps,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

not for me....it never has....FS always works better in windowed mode....because you're not limited to v sync ie (monitor refresh rate, mines 60Hz = 60FPS)sorry, that sounded rude, I just meant to say for me its been opposite, thanks for the hints peter....I like my tips, but if it helps maybe i can turn them off.....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>Do you get this in Full screen mode? Just curious, why are>you using Window mode? FS has always performed better in full>screen vs Window mode! I just got out of the cockpit in FSX after switching back and forth between windowed and full screen mode. I noticed virtually NO difference in FPS, running 1280x1024x32. Granted there are a lot of variables so I doubt seriously that anyone can make a blanket statement such as yours. As to the original posters problem, I've not seen this sort of occurance where tooltips are concerned. The only time I've seen such slow refresh is if I happen to have the cursor on the tool tray or when FSX has gone to "slide show mode" for reasons that I'm still trying to isolate. I have a ATI X1600 Pro video card running the most recent ATI drivers. You might try turning off tooltips and testing to insure that what you are seeing is, indeed, a result of the tooltips display. Also, is this occuring in all aircraft or just 1 or 2 ? Paul

Wide-5.jpg

H i Paul, happens with all planes....usually its fine in windowed mode, but as soon as i switch to say like my internet browser window, then go back to FSX, i get the weird thing again. Its not just tooltips, its wherever theres a clickspot, like a gauge that can be clicked or a switched flipped...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I get his too, but not all the time. When it does happen it will affect all aircraft and both 2d and vc. It isn't related to windowed or full screen mode.I guess that now raises the question as to why it doesn't do it all the time. Your bilinear/trilinear comment might be the clue Pete.Greatest Airliners - DC-8Greatest Airliners - 727 Whisperjethttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest Brasoveanu

I also have an NVidia card and suffer the same problem (in both VC and 2D mode). At first, I thought I overclocked my processor or memory too much and fiddled with the OC settings. No luck. The only work around I found is this: after the problem starts, I save and reload the saved flight. Then I avoid opening any other windwow like the plague for as long as I keep flying and the problem does not occur again. Try these tips and let me know if they help

Try adding this to the DISPLAY.NVIDIA section of your FSX.cfg file.RenderToTexture=1Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I can confirm this is an nvidia bug and not an FSX bug because FS9 does the same thing for me. It does it when ANY window overlays the FS window, be it a tooltip, a subwindow, a dialog box, the alt-tab box, instant messenger, whatever. I got around it by disabling tooltips and avoiding overlaying the FS window.I haven't reported it to nvidia because both times I've reported a driver bug to nvidia they just tell me to uninstall the driver and buy another video card or go back to some ancient version of the driver and "wait for the next release". In fact, this started happening to me when nvidia tech support had me uninstall and reinstall their driver three times because the new nvidia control application guesses the wrong language for my computer.

yes it happened in fs9...i forgot!!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Guest charluc

same append to me . set antialiasing on solve evereting

Guest iwantmydc3

I've got the NVIDA 7900GTX (512 MB) and have never had this sort of problem. Here's my secret:When I'm running FSX I don't run ANY other programs. :)P.S. is that the Carenado Beech Mentor? I LOVE that plane! :(