Sign in to follow this  
Lukamak

CRJ vs FBW320 / Which ones better at ILS?

Hey guys. So here is my story, recently on busy traffic day at EDDM with crj I was on ILS prepping fir landing and as i was waiting for switch over to tower plane started dipping under glide slope so i had to take over which made switching to tower and other landing prep stuff very difficult. Made me kinda mad cause of softwere issues my approach got super hectic. I was woundering does a320 have same issues or is it worth giving crj skme time and switching to FBW? 

Luka Makhviladze
PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

I don't have the CRJ, but ILS in the DEV version of the FBW A320 is making huge progress. I have no issues with it as regards LOC and G/S. The latest (forked) model has autoland.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

The FBW A320 is pretty good where it is right now, the only place it feels like it’s lacking is LNAV and VNAV.

If you want to be able to fly predictable ILS approaches, the A320 is a good bet. But the CRJ is quite a good hands-on aircraft anyways, so I still fly it even with its bugs (personal preference).

Both are pretty stable IFR platforms. I like CRJ better because more handling so it feels more like flying.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I recently began flying the FBW 320 after spending a lot of time in the WT CJ4 and then some additional time in the CRJ after it was released.  The FBW 320 does a much better job with the ILS.  I have had no issues intercepting and tracking the GS.  The CRJ is still not working well in regards to the ILS.  It captures OK (sometimes) and then you'll lose the GS around 1000'.  Happens to me pretty consistently and it is an acknowledged issue.  That's usually where I disconnect the AP anyway so not a huge deal but between the 2, FBW Dev version is better when looking only at the ILS.  No harm in trying the FBW....free is a pretty good price!  The thing keeping me away from the CRJ at the moment is the bizarre throttle behavior....

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I like CRJ better because more handling so it feels more like flying.

It's the opposite for me,

Flying by hands, I love the feeling and inertia of the A320, the CJ4 is still a bit floaty for me on landing.

OOps, I was reading too fast

Edited by bendead

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Both are pretty stable IFR platforms. I like CRJ better because more handling so it feels more like flying.

CRJ = Climb Restricted Jet

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Definitely FBW, it uses the custom autopilot to do that. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I use both daily, FBW A320 is better at the moment,  CRJ is more hit and miss, but i just hand fly it in if needed.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Yea, CRJ is hit and miss and you best make sure you intercept the glideslope from below or I have to and even then it gets twitchy. In general landing the CRJ is really difficult for me. The FBW on the other hand is very aggressive to keep on the slope and laterally as well. It holds it like an iron fist and with autoland, it's beautiful. FBW wins this one now by a long ways for me.

United001

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

FBW is way better, the CRJ normally can’t do one...  But the Cessnas will...