Sign in to follow this  
TomH101

Sounds Muting with sim minimized

Hi all,

was wondering if anyone knows of a fix/if it is possible to stop certain sounds from muting when changing tabs. The APU especially comes to mind.

I have the aircraft APU turned on, however tabbing out of P3D to check flight plans etc causes it to mute. Other sounds such as engine noise are completely fine.

I have the "mute sounds in lost focus" option turned off.

Thanks in advance!

P.S on a side note I'm also back to painting the Falcon. Should have a few new paints uploaded in the next few weeks for you guys to enjoy 🙂 

(Here's a little preview)

unknown.png

Edited by TomH101
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TomH101 said:

Hi all,

was wondering if anyone knows of a fix/if it is possible to stop certain sounds from muting when changing tabs. The APU especially comes to mind.

I have the aircraft APU turned on, however tabbing out of P3D to check flight plans etc causes it to mute. Other sounds such as engine noise are completely fine.

I have the "mute sounds in lost focus" option turned off.

My understanding is that Custom sounds provided by a developer typically are controlled by the Win10 sound system, while default sounds use the sim's sound system. In this case it sounds (pun alert !) like the engine sound is a default sound, but the APU sound is a custom Flysimware sound. So the Falcon50's engine sounds don't mute based on the sim's 'lost focus' setting, but the APU is not controlled by the sim setting.

Other thoughts welcome.

A little more info here:   https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/577885-sounds-in-p3d/?tab=comments#comment-4265302

Al

Edited by ark

I haven't seen anyone on the internet yet talking about this Falcon 50.  🙂 That livery seems so familiar.......

N566L - PMDG FLIGHT OPERATIONS LLC (ALEXANDRIA VA)     

...oh that's why.

Tony Fiore
E175/LR60/LRJET