Sign in to follow this  
Avenger2000

Saving and Loading flights buggy. Workarounds...

I’m testing the demo getting ready to buy but ran into one or two snags.  On a g1000 equipped plane I save the flight and re-load it and find the flight plan data is gone.  Searching google I found if I set the AP setting to HDG and take note of the next waypoint, when I reload the flight plan I can set it to the correct values.  It is a workaround but it works.  If you don’t set it to heading before you save, there are all sorts of problems.

I was wondering if the Zibo 737 saving and loading can be managed in a similar manner?  I have read the g1000 manual in the past so I understand it but I only know how to load the flight plan into the 737 FMS and not much else.  Has anyone tried saving flights with the Zibo 737 and reloading them later?  The Zibo 737 looks so fancy so I am dying to try it.

The problem with "saving" your flight is that only certain parameters (we call them datarefs in X-Plane) get saved. Think "flight data recorder" here. If a plane crashes and they read out the data recorder, it won´t show the flightplan on the FMS or what light level the panel lighting was at - all those parameters are not recorded.

Same in X-Plane, the format in the save file only allows certain parameters, so a lot of the "finer details" will get lost.

Some payware aircraft have their own solution, custom ways to save the flight properties, but most don´t.

If you have a limited time to fly, pick a flight distance that allows you to finish it. If you get called to take out the trash, just hit Pause. 😉

Cheers, Jan

Thanks for the explanation.  Does anyone know if there is a way to save and load the Zibo 737 and reload the flight plan?  I think I figured out how to do it with a g1000 loaded plane.  I’m not too familiar with the Zibo 737 fms.

I figured out the Zibo saving and loading.  On the left side of the cockpit there is an extra display that has save and load options.  It seems to work fairly well.