Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FS X: Bug Report

Guest WWFII

I have found a few issues -- other than the fps issues.1. While in VC mode, at times the zoom mode using the + and - keys stops working. It's somewhat random and I am unable to pin-point this further. I am hoping that other people will test this.2. I parked an aircraft near the refueling area on an airfield and tried to open the canopy. As soon as the canopy opens, it closes.

Guest wiz_of_wuz

>I have found a few issues -- other than the fps issues.>>1. While in VC mode, at times the zoom mode using the + and ->keys stops working. It's somewhat random and I am unable to>pin-point this further. I am hoping that other people will>test this.I have noticed that if you are switching between F9 and F10 that sometimes I need to click in the windscreen and make it the active? Seems to solve problem everytime. Just my experience. :)

Yeah, but that happened with FS9 too....you need to "activate" the current window (bly clicking anywhere on the screen) if you just switched out of FSX while browsing the net (as an example)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I do not see these as bugs in FSX>>1. While in VC mode, at times the zoom >mode using the + and - keys stops working. >It's somewhat random and I am unable to >pin-point this further. I am hoping that >other people will test this.>Be sure you always hit the backspace key first to reset the zoom before tring to use the + or -. There is a timeout value that stops zoom from working after so many seconds.The backspace key also sets the zoom for the global InitialZoom = 1.0 value specified in the CameraDefinition code for the view you are using. Some InitialZoom = as high as 8.0 or as low as 0.6 by default.This works regardless of what view you are in.If you are using a Joystick, add Backspace key and then the + or - to the key assignment button.>>2. I parked an aircraft near the refueling >area on an airfield and tried to open the >canopy. As soon as the canopy opens, it closes.>Near is not close enough. you must be within the boundry of the parking radius. Each fueling station has a 16M radius parking spot. Airline type larger planes should request the Fuel Truck when parked at the Gate (parking stand).FSX uses these FUEL parking spots for several reasons. One is so you can tell ATC Ground Controller that you want to taxi to the refuling station and top off the tanks. Another is for options of maintenance. There must also be a fuel effect code written in order to fuel the plane. The visual Fuel station is only a scenery GUID.From time to time you will also see ground animated support equipment visit the Fuel station do to the parking spot radius and parking taxi link. All of this is for FSX default planes and not always 3rd party addon planes. Certain features must be coded into addon planes.

Guest Vilk

yeah, only now even fsx's own atc window does not return the focus to main after it's closed:-)

Guest FxF3

The only Bug I have found in FSX is sinkholes in almost every Major City for some reason. :-)

One quick way you can get the zoom back is to just click onany control. IE: turn the FD off and then back on..Zoom will then work.Dunno about the lid... Almost sounds like a keyboardbug or something.. I don't get that here. IE: shift-Eto open door.. Same to close it.. Works normal here..MK

Guest WWFII

Park close enough to a refueling station to take on fuel. Then, open the canopy. Let me know what happens.

>I have found a few issues -- other than the fps issues.>>1. While in VC mode, at times the zoom mode using the + and ->keys stops working. It's somewhat random and I am unable to>pin-point this further. I am hoping that other people will>test this.Yea, click anywhere on the screen to re-focus the view before + and -. This is a side-affect of having the ability to pop-open multiple, layerd views. If you have multiple view windows open, you have to click in the view to focus your mouse and keys to work in each window, one at a time. This has been this way in FS for as long as I can remember. FS-5, ~ 1993?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE