Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Returning Home From Passover Vacation

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Passover week is over which means massive flux of Israelis returning from their Passover vacation in Eilat back home to Tel Aviv which means that El Al could not use narrow body 737-200s or Britannias hence decision to use exciting brand new 707-300 to handle heavy holiday passenger traffic back home from LLET Eilat Airport located in the center of Eilat adjacent to Route 90 (The Arava Road) to LLBG Ben Gurion Airport located 12 miles southeast of Tel Aviv

STOP  the sign says you need authorization from airport tower before passing!!

ll1.jpg

Attention!!  The sign says that ATTENTION you are attending aerial zone Please drive extremely carefully

ll2.jpg

Passengers get surprise and excited by presence of brand new plane that is going to take them back home to Tel Aviv

ll3.jpg

Nice engine view of the airport terminal

ll4.jpg

Got to do pre-flight inspection of left engines

ll5.jpg

Got to do same thing for right engines

ll6.jpg

Got to do pre-flight inspection of the tail

ll7.jpg

Time for me to board my captain seat

ll8.jpg

Checking all gauges to be sure they look very kosher

ll9.jpg

Time for me to open fuel lines as you can I am middle of doing that where you can see I finish opening 4th engine fuel line and now concentrating other engine fuel lines

ll10.jpg

Time for me to open fuel flow knobs!

ll11.jpg

Time for me to put on battery power so necessary for starting engines!!

ll12.jpg

Time for me to flip the engine air bleed switches from off to on

ll13.jpg

Making final inspection of all knobs and switches to be sure everything is kosher

ll14.jpg

Drat drat  I forgot to take screenshot of switches and knobs for engine start in overhead panel but you can see from gauge readings that the engines are coming alive

ll15.jpg

Now you can see the engines fully powered in gauge readings and you can check to be sure the flaps are properly extended for take off

ll16.jpg

Facing runway 01 for take off

ll17.jpg

Excuse me but the Eilat airport demands commercial interruption for all of you viewers

ll18.jpg

Starting take off run!

ll19.jpg

Now airborne retracting landing gear to start climb to fl200

ll20.jpg

Because of regulations not permitting more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink seen below to view rest of exciting trip

Here is the hyperlink:

https://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/10359/returning-home-passover-vacation

Thank you for viewing and stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 5

signCopy.jpg

Chag Sameach Aharon! Hope you had a good Yom Tov and enjoyed your Matzo balls! 🙂

I first visited Israel in 1965 arriving in a wonderful B727 from Heathrow. We made 620mph over the Eastern Med according to the Captain and it took 4hr 20 mins.

Later I went to Eilat by bus but had be flown back to my Uncles and Aunts in Kfar Blum via Rosh Pina airport. I was 12 and had a bad case of sunstroke.

But those experiences gave me areal taste and love of aviation for the rest of my life. It was remarkable because I think the route must have been relatively recent at that time.

Only 2 years earlier it’s interesting to note my Grandma had to travel out to Israel by train and boat from Victoria station in London to Haifa, and I think that took at least 3-4 days!.

@rayharris108,

Thanks for very kind words and it is interesting to hear your fantastic experiences in my native country Israel.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Very nice shots. Wonderful plane, and the airports look pretty good too. If the background were MSFS I'd say these would be about as good a set of shots as it would be possible to see anywhere.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Shalom,

Great to see the 707 once again Aharon, well done! 

Edited by admbar

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

I have been to Caso DO Brasil in Eilat!  Left in a meat coma LOL!!!  Just put your flag up on the table and someone magically shows up with more meat!  

Great shots

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Andy1252,

Thanks for kind words and I agree it is tough for me and my FSX screenshots to compete against MS2020!!

Admbar,

Thanks for kind words. Is that you the famous Adam I know from Orbx and Flightsim forums?

Psolk,

That is AMAZING coincidence!!!! Glad that you visited my native country Israel!! Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 1

signCopy.jpg

4 hours ago, Aharon said:

Andy1252,

Thanks for kind words and I agree it is tough for me and my FSX screenshots to compete against MS2020!!

Admbar,

Thanks for kind words. Is that you the famous Adam I know from Orbx and Flightsim forums?

Psolk,

That is AMAZING coincidence!!!! Glad that you visited my native country Israel!! Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,

Aharon

Same one Aharon. 😁

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,