Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingairvols

photo-real

Guest kingairvols

I have some basic questions that may frustrate the high tech FS simmers, so I ask amn also warn of this in advnce out of respect.I have FSX installed along with FSG Mesh for FSX. I keep reading about the way FSX can really make photo-real add on's look fantastic.I went back and looked at some issues I had with FS9 (issues in relation to not being able to get some add on's to work with other's, somtimes not making the patch work right, that would follow the newer add on later after the errors where discovered)and wanted to try my best to keep things compatable.As mentioned I have FSG X mesh installed and want to experince the photo real add ons as long as it dose not box me out of newer add on's.As mentioned this is a real basic question post and I dont want to be a bother, I just want to keep things running as smooth as possible. I am even wary of messing with my config files as I am hoping for a patch or somthing that will self extract later on. Agian this "caution" is from FS9 experinces.I want to add that all the folks whom have gone to great lenghts to find "work arounds" and other solutions for FSX are appreciated by myself and from what I read many others.I thank all of you for your help.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

I would say by-and-large, the scenery system is going to operate about the way it did in FS9 as far as compatability of addons is concerned. There is the additional "living world" stuff, which is more an extension of existing ideas. The other thing is the autogen is more complex, but so many people have to run with autogen off anyway, how would you know? :)scott s..

Guest kingairvols

Thanks,My biggest concern is not by some add on that wont be compatible with the FSG Mesh I have purchased. Although my understanding is the FSG Mesh is the standard that most scenery and photo scenery use as the bench mark to be compatable with. I could be wrong?Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel