Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

MV released A-1H "Skyraider" for P3Dv4 and v5

Hi,

MV released his A-1H Skyraider. Btw its TacPack ready - what its mean - it works in P3Dv4.5, not yet in v5 (due no TP from VRS yet, but I hope this summer...).

Link for more info https://milviz.com/flight/products/A1H/index.php

j6msTJ9h.jpg

ANmqAVxh.jpg

48gxQdrh.jpg

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

It seems the hook doesn't function unless you purchase Tacpack..

Also do the ADF and Nav radios work?  They don't in the Corsair.

I think I'll pass.

6 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

It seems the hook doesn't function unless you purchase Tacpack..

Also do the ADF and Nav radios work?  They don't in the Corsair.

I think I'll pass.

You dont need TP. Everything works without the TacPack. The TacPack is only for the weapon effect.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

20 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

Also do the ADF and Nav radios work?  

As I remember in Corsair I didnt have any issue like this. Remember also, Corsair is from different period and yes, it works, NDB and VORs.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

It’s like they knew it was my payday today! 😎

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

33 minutes ago, YoYo said:

You dont need TP. Everything works without the TacPack. The TacPack is only for the weapon effect.

That isn't what the product page says:

"Along with weapons simulation, TacPack also allows for carrier operations: simply spawn a TacPack-equipped carrier into the sim, and the Skyraider will be able to trap the arresting gear and utilize the catapults. "

Was Corsair from a period when ADF"s were installed but inoperative?  That's the case in the p3d Corsair.

6 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

That isn't what the product page :

This is example if you spawn carrier by TacPack but you have different methods like carrier scenery (static) or AI Carrier 2, it works without issues, catapult and hook and arresting cables.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

8 hours ago, YoYo said:

AI Carrier 2, it works without issues, catapult and hook and arresting cables.

Do you own the plane and have you personally done an arrested landing in it with AI Carrier 2 and without Tacpack?  Can you vouch for the working ADF and VOR based on direct experience ?

If so on both issues, I will stand corrected.   Please let us know.

Thanks

2 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

Do you own the plane and have you personally done an arrested landing in it with AI Carrier 2 and without Tacpack?  Can you vouch for the working ADF and VOR based on direct experience ?

If so on both issues, I will stand corrected.   Please let us know.

Thanks

Hook and the rest what are you asking about are parts of the model, not the TacPack.

Are you owner of any version of TacPack before? TacPack is only tool (if we talk about carrier) to place the carrier model (any) and cause it's movement (plus adding frequencies for this carrier), hook isnt a part of TP and never it was.

Sequence of action on carrier deck (to full stop with hook and cables):

3jnXpXsh.jpg

KF9Kbxdh.jpg

If you have F4U I suppose you noticed that hook is working on any carrier (if it has working arrestng cables), here it works like in F4U so yes, no issue with this. 👍

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

TacPack is only tool (if we talk about carrier) to place the carrier model (any) and cause it's movement (plus adding frequencies for this carrier),

Actually, I've been using the "ai Carriers 2" addon for some  time in P3D v4.5 and it works very well.  It enables the carriers to be positioned in the water and their speed set.

Your pictures are very well done.  Are you using TacPack here or something else?

1 hour ago, TASCHMANN said:

Actually, I've been using the "ai Carriers 2" addon for some  time in P3D v4.5 and it works very well.  It enables the carriers to be positioned in the water and their speed set.

Your pictures are very well done.  Are you using TacPack here or something else?

No, as you can see, its P3Dv5. Not TacPack yet for v5 (pity!). This is on static carrier but I use AICarrier2 also.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif