Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Microsoft CEO describes the marketplace as "vibrant"

30 minutes ago, pmb said:

Totally agree. And what surprises me most is the fact, those guys think a failing MSFS would help "their" beloved simulator. This would be the first time that missing competition would stimulate technological progress for the rest. Just to the contrary, any of the main sims (with their different strengts) failing will reduce incentive for the rest to innovate. As we've seen during the several years of stagnation after closure of FSX.

Kind regards, Michael

My thought process at this point, when I see a thread here that is even vaguely positive about MSFS is to think to myself "Well they're not gonna allow that!"

Then I skim over the thread to see how quickly the first negative post arrives, and exactly how much piling on occurs.

Its to the point where I don't even post in the subforum anymore except for the most neutral stuff I can find, IE a new video, an interesting scenery etc, and even that can attract gloom and doom. Most especially I never say anything positive because that just attracts sharks.

Its now the most negative forum I visit.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

30 minutes ago, eaim said:

I'm definitely flying less than I did, but I'm not using P3D and Xplane11 at all, to be fair I haven't had much spare time to fly but I haven't had the enthusiasm to fire up the sim as much, I think all the sims current problems have caused my lack of enjoyment of MSFS, but once Asobo iron out it's issues, all will be forgiven, and I'll be a regular in the sky's again.

I feel lime I am stuck in a flightsim state of limbo. Cant go back to the old stuff (Xplane etc), but can't bring myself to use the new....

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I feel lime I am stuck in a flightsim state of limbo. Cant go back to the old stuff (Xplane etc), but can't bring myself to use the new....

There are a ton of simmers in this same very limbo.

Luckily for me VR still makes the older sims look just as great visually.

Can't go wrong with stereoscopic 3D no matter how outdated the visuals are.

So for me VR keeps me visually appeased to the point I can still enjoy the older sims.

I say take a month or two off man, rebuild the passion for flight simming.

Watch tons of aviation and travel videos, jot down trips you want to take and places you want to explore, or a certain aircraft you really want to put super focus and training into.(Well as far as MSFS's aircraft selection will let you 🤣)

Anything to build the anticipation for coming back to your sim setup and being immersed again.🍻

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

14 hours ago, in2tech said:

I do hope that they fix the receipt issue with the MarketPlace.

I would also like a email receipt of each purchase I made through the marketplace.  I am a little worried if something goes wrong and doesnt show anything has been purchased.  At the moment I don't see any proof of the purchases I have made to dispute the problem if one occurs.  MS please get on this for this is common practice for a customer to get a receipt. 

Edited by Brandon01110
  • Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Just to add an alternative experience: I fly for sure more with MSFS than I  did with its forerunners for years. This may be a result of the fact it's optimum adapted to my needs: I am a pure GA flyer with a strong focus on scenery, bush flying and sightseeing and this is where MSFS excels.

This said, there's one aspect of MSFS where my hopes did not fulfill, and this  is easing management. Complaints about continually repeating upgrade downloads, Press any key, spinning circles ad infinitum, failing servers for hours should have initiated a task force immediately.

Besides, as others have stated, the Market Place is far from exploiting its potential. It's confusing visually, and most of all it's way behind times. If an addon is added 14 days - or more - after release, MS misses 90% of the purchases. I buy a lot of addons, usually on day 2 or 3, but not 14 days later. Having a couple of guys adding new stuff continually would give them a steady flow of income immediately. Plus relieve users from going through numerous shop systems with ugly credentials, update policies and what not. They definitely could learn a lesson from ORBX how to do that.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 5

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

28 minutes ago, pmb said:

Besides, as others have stated, the Market Place is far from exploiting its potential. It's confusing visually, and most of all it's way behind times. If an addon is added 14 days - or more - after release, MS misses 90% of the purchases. I buy a lot of addons, usually on day 2 or 3, but not 14 days later. Having a couple of guys adding new stuff continually would give them a steady flow of income immediately. Plus relieve users from going through numerous shop systems with ugly credentials, update policies and what not. They definitely could learn a lesson from ORBX how to do that.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes.  Whoever designed and implemented the MSFS marketplace is costing them a lot of lost revenue opportunity.  It’s probably not the worst design out there, but it’s nowhere near Orbx ease of use and UI friendliness.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

My thought process at this point, ........

Its now the most negative forum I visit.

Ok, this is what you think of this Forum. Thank you. 

And returning to the topic, your opinion is .....?

If you are interested, my opinion is that MSFS needs some solid investment, I really hope the big boss is happy with the revenue, so hopefully they will work on the many bugs that are still there, and will improve their production, quality control, and deployment chain.

Andrea

18 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

As long as Microsoft gets their cut of the $$$ they are happy, regardless of the quality of the content that ends up on the Marketplace.

We control the quality of the content in the marketplace

1 hour ago, ADamiani said:

And returning to the topic, your opinion is ....?

The original topic, expressing optimism for a vibrant marketplace for the sim was, as usual, already buried before I even wrote anything. 

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, pmb said:

If an addon is added 14 days - or more - after release, MS misses 90% of the purchases. I buy a lot of addons, usually on day 2 or 3, but not 14 days later.

I was just thinking that whilst this is probably true., MS may not have a choice in that the dev may well want first crack at the profits without the impost of MS marketplace commission.  It could well be that it is the devs themselves who do not release it to the market place for that fourteen day period.

Just a thought.

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

28 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

It could well be that it is the devs themselves who do not release it to the market place for that fourteen day period.

Just a thought.

Tony 

The delay is from Microsoft's testing and having to add the files, they have a backlog.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 hour ago, Alpine Scenery said:

The delay is from Microsoft's testing and having to add the files, they have a backlog.

Other then people that follow forums like us. Most people aren't aware of the delay, and when they see it in the MarketPlace, that is the first time they are aware of it. Thus the reason some developers choose to agree to the percentage split as they will sell to customers that have NO clue who they are. Especially Game Pass type users and I guess X-Box in the future. I think even most of the PC MSFS users aren't aware till it shows up there. That does not include us of course, or most of us, as really popular upcoming items are often posted here in advance of any release! Which kind of makes me wonder, will there ever be an X-Box forum on Avsim or will they let the X-Box official MS area take all that on? Where all the X-Box users are anyway? Even though I don't plan on getting an X-Box I am very curious how the MarketPlace experience is on that platform, and also about just the sim on that platform.

There good and bad things about the MarketPlace, that we all know. 

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I am not sure the XBOX users are going to help the marketplace much, I think the whole XBOX thing is going to be targeted more for people not wanting to spend big $$$$ on a new PC that already have an XBOX. I don't really know, but I kind of think the majority of XBOX players are going to be come and go, play a day or a week then never come back. Of course there will be some exceptions.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

10 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I am not sure the XBOX users are going to help the marketplace much, I think the whole XBOX thing is going to be targeted more for people not wanting to spend big $$$$ on a new PC that already have an XBOX. I don't really know, but I kind of think the majority of XBOX players are going to be come and go, play a day or a week then never come back. Of course there will be some exceptions.

Only time will tell about all of it. Would they announce the X-Box MarketPlace is "vibrant" to give us a clue? I mean after month's or a year on X-Box. And we take it for what it's worth? For some people good, for some bad, of course. I have no clue and know nothing about the console market! I don't think they are the CRJ, type crowd but aircraft for Multiplayer $20.00 and under, maybe! Guess we will see one day. Surely someone that owns an X-Box here, will chime in over time, after release?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

9 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I was just thinking that whilst this is probably true., MS may not have a choice in that the dev may well want first crack at the profits without the impost of MS marketplace commission.  It could well be that it is the devs themselves who do not release it to the market place for that fourteen day period.

Just a thought.

Tony 

If you follow what the devs with aircraft that made it to the marketplace have to say, they have to jump through hoops to get stuff up there and a lot of the requirements are not really documented.  Sometimes the hurdle changes half way through as well.  It sounds like getting marketplace approval is a serious of iterations, making the changes MS request then submitting and then waiting for MS to come back with a new round of previously unmentioned changes.

• Like 1