chickster25

When will there be a PC to run MSFS?

There already is....

The new Xbox!

Chris Camp

18 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

There already is....

The new Xbox!

I hope the Xbox does bring in new users. I for one probably wouldn't try it, but if someone doesn't have a decent PC and doesn't want to spend the cash, might be worth it.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

14 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

if I stayed at UHD.

Hi Ray,

what confuses me is why don't you try running your monitor @ native UHD rez & simply adjust the in-sim rez?

8 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I hope the Xbox does bring in new users.

Why 😉 ?

you know what, the xbox version reminds me of these multistorey cruise ship abominations bringing crowds of tourists who are ruining Venice.

ps : just being a little provocative here 😈

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

48 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Why 😉 ?

you know what, the xbox version reminds me of these multistorey cruise ship abominations bringing crowds of tourists who are ruining Venice.

ps : just being a little provocative here 😈

$10 says Asobo will probably introduce a toggle for "cross-play", specifically so actual simmers can avoid the console people hooning around their neighbourhood and crashing into one another for the lolz. 😄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I for one probably wouldn't try it, but if someone doesn't have a decent PC and doesn't want to spend the cash, might be worth it.

Too funny. 

So you think that a guy with the latest XBox and an 8 k 145 inch television bought this setup because he can't afford a "decent" PC?

I'm laughing so hard my dentures just flew across the room. 

Gamers buy an XBox because they specifically want what the XBox offers.

And the latest XBox console with all the bells and whistles + a high end tv set probably costs more than a couple of "decent PCs".

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Too funny. 

So you think that a guy with the latest XBox and an 8 k 145 inch television bought this setup because he can't afford a "decent" PC?

And the latest XBox console with all the bells and whistles + a high end probably costs more than a couple of "decent PCs".

You have it backwards, I think that if someone already owned an XBOX and wanted to try a Flight Sim less seriously, as opposed to going out and upgrading or using an existing PC specifically to play a Flight Sim. They may own a PC as well, but I have a feeling for the ones that own both, they would have already installed it on the PC (given it's not out on xbox yet), so why then go and try it on the Xbox.

Logic my dear boy.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

Hi Ray,

what confuses me is why don't you try running your monitor @ native UHD rez & simply adjust the in-sim rez?

Tried it and the image quality is worse. In NCP there’s an option for No Scaling which can be applied to either the card or the display. Choosing display and with Windows resolution set to 1920*1080 gives the least worst outcome. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have a Benq monitor as well and a Benq projector (though I rarely use the Benq projector as its an older model at this point). Benq makes good devices generally speaking, Sony is overpriced but has better software usually, -- but only makes production commercial grade monitors. Always trade-offs. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Too funny. 

And the latest XBox console with all the bells and whistles + a high end tv set probably costs more than a couple of "decent PCs".

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/xbox-series-x-price-what-microsofts-next-gen-console-will-really-cost-you/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Right, and a 6800XT is going for $1,500 to $2,000 right now, and you still have to pay for the CPU and all the other parts. We can buy at least 4 Xboxes at the current Ebay price for what 1 decent gaming PC costs.  

A fully loaded Xbox, but then to get a fully loaded PC with a 3090 which is going to cost $5000 to $10,000 (depending on other parts), etc...

Edited by Alpine Scenery

5000$ system and a 2$ internet service with high latency. Hummmm.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Now I'm laughing even harder. If you paid $5000 for your PC, you didn't get a decent PC, you got ripped off.

My definition of a "decent gaming PC" is one that can run current gen games at high/very high settings at 1080 p, with room to spare for going to 1440p. Using logicalincrements.com as a guide, that'll set you back about $1100-1300, probably more if you buy a pre-built pc, less if you build it yourself (or have someone who knows what they are doing do it for you). 

Edited by Ricardo41

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Now I'm laughing even harder. If you paid $5000 for your PC, you didn't get a decent PC, you got ripped off.

My definition of a "decent gaming PC" is one that can run current gen games at high/very high settings at 1080 p, with room to spare for going to 1440p. Using logicalincrements.com as a guide, that'll set you back about $1100-1300, probably more if you buy a pre-built pc, less if you build it yourself (or have someone who knows what they are doing do it for you). 

It sounds like your just trying to be a "joker" and a smart---, as your comments aren't making any sense. It's like having a conversation with an Alzheimers patient on laughing gas.

OK, I'll try to respond (though I probably should ignore you), I never said I paid $5,000 for my PC, but it was in response to your pseudo Xbox user having a 145" Television. If you can invent an imaginary Xbox user, I can invent an imaginary PC user. That said, a lot of people in here paid around that for their PC's, it's not out of the ordinary if you are buying a top-end video card right now. Are you not aware there is a global shortage of all electronics relating to CPU and GPU manufacturing, which is inflating all the prices of all this stuff. You cannot get any decent gaming PC right now so easily (certainly not one that will compare in FPS to a new Xbox at that price), unless you use a very old video card, there are a few HP's and some pre-fab brands where you can get some deals, but everything with a decent video card under $2,000 is sold out 99.99% of the time. Good luck staring at your monitor and hitting the refresh button 1,000 times.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

MSFS is the new Crysis and it will be a while before we see a PC that can run it with absolutely everything maxed on a very high rez screen. I will be very interested to see footage of the game on XBSX, that is a powerful machine no doubt.