Sign in to follow this  
Dazzz

Help a LEGO Idea become reality - Boeing 747 Cockpit

Hi everyone. I had a lot of people suggest I share this with you, so hopefully this is ok to post here

I created a Boeing 747 cockpit out of LEGO and submitted it to the LEGO Ideas program (which can use your support). Features include:

• Detailed cockpit.
  • Linked yokes (joysticks) with pitch movement (both with rotating handles).
  • 4 independent throttle controls as well as flaps and spoiler levers.
  • Instrument panels including main display, center console and overhead console.
  • Sliding seats and moving armrests (seats slide via a hidden channel after using the drop away floor lever - pretty cool). Sheepskin covers too.
  • External fuselage matching aircraft contour.
  • 2 pilot minifigures and display panel.
  • 1,874 parts and a rubber band.

So LEGO Ideas is a program where if an idea reaches 10,000 supporters (ie a free vote) then LEGO might make it into an actual LEGO set. If that happened, well there is no reason why LEGO couldn't make an entire series out of this with different aircraft, or anything that has a cockpit (shuttles, heavy machinery, etc).

Supporting is super easy, just go here, bit.ly/747Cockpit click Support and log in using a free LEGO Ideas account (otherwise this would have been at 10K weeks ago lol)

I really appreciate it and hope you like it.

50958857381_b4765e438c_z.jpg50958154148_e0c1418c28_z.jpg50958857526_d4b4ac8ea7_z.jpg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

I clicked support, I like this one, I would have preferred a first gen 747 but this one is cool too. Even better if you could swap a few tiles to go between the first gen 747 and the second gen or third gen. Otherwise this is awesome

• Like 1

Matthew Kane

4 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

I clicked support, I like this one, I would have preferred a first gen 747 but this one is cool too. Even better if you could swap a few tiles to go between the first gen 747 and the second gen or third gen. Otherwise this is awesome

That's awesome! Thankyou very much Matt. Different variants wouldn't be too hard to model - well just the tiles. Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

Support clicked. Really great job. My kids never had Legos like that. And that was only 45 years ago 😀.

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Klicked. This would make much more sense than some of the merchandising word not allowed they have been developing over the last years. Well... on second throught I recognized this might count as merchandising as well.😉

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

9 hours ago, pmb said:

Klicked. This would make much more sense than some of the merchandising word not allowed they have been developing over the last years. Well... on second throught I recognized this might count as merchandising as well.😉

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael. Hopefully they might look at this as potential for something unique and entertaining for enthusiasts. Appreciated 😃

12 hours ago, W2DR said:

Support clicked. Really great job. My kids never had Legos like that. And that was only 45 years ago 😀.

Thankyou very much W2DR! The kid remains in all of us hehe 😆

• Like 1