Sign in to follow this  
haseen

P3D v5: Sound becomes very low with ATC window open.

Dear:

The sound of my P3D v5.1 becomes very low when ATC window is open.  After closing the ATC window, it takes quite a while for the sound to return to normal level. 

I use Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics unit. I rolled back to an older version of the graphics driver to keep P3D v5 up and running as suggested from P3D Forums. I also use Dreamteam GS X Level 2 and Activesky ASP3D.

Please help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

3 hours ago, dufus01 said:

It was happening to mine as well.  Follow this guide.

https://www.alphr.com/windows-reducing-system-volume/

I'm glad I came across this thread. I was noticing that my volume would sometimes be hushed after a radio communication in the sim.

I guess windows thinks the in game ATC is a phone call.

Calum Watt

I've found the suggestions above didn't work for me - what I needed to do was go into the P3D sound settings and ensure that none of the devices used was the "default communications device". Even if I explicitly used the same device that was my default comm device, that was fine.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

The only what helped on my system. Go to Sound -> Communications what i set to "Do nothing" as default. Then, this is important, I choose "Reduce Volume by xx%."  Click "Apply". Then choose "Do nothing" again and "Apply" again. I have to to do this after every Windows Start. But I don't have any sound drops during the current Windows session, no matter how long it lasts.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I assigned my default sound device to the nVidia HD sound, and my P3D sounds to my main sound device, a Creative XFi sound board.  Since the "ducking" issue applies only to the default sound device, it does not affect the sim any longer.

The usual fixes did not work for me, like what's SUPPOSED to work in Win 10 by going into Sound -> Communications and selecting "Do nothing" 

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

4 hours ago, w6kd said:

The usual fixes did not work for me, like what's SUPPOSED to work in Win 10 by going into Sound -> Communications and selecting "Do nothing" 

Win10 seems to forget this setting after every session. That's why I go from "Do Nothing" to another setting and then select "Do nothing" again. Helps in my case with default device.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I think that Microsoft need to assign some of that "Azure AI" to Windows 10, so that it actually knows what it is doing.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 4/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, haseen said:

Dear:

The sound of my P3D v5.1 becomes very low when ATC window is open.  After closing the ATC window, it takes quite a while for the sound to return to normal level. 

I use Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics unit. I rolled back to an older version of the graphics driver to keep P3D v5 up and running as suggested from P3D Forums. I also use Dreamteam GS X Level 2 and Activesky ASP3D.

Please help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

GSX or ProATC wil take for some odd reason exclusive control over sound devices.... When i disable the option all is solved here local 🙂 (sound device control panel>properties>advanced)

André

On 4/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, haseen said:

Dear:

Please help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Firstly - tick this option „do nothing” as it was above.

Second - go to P3D settings, sound and take the name of your sound system (speakers, headphones ...), so not Default option as you have perhaps, for the first 2 sound lines.

Will be ok after this.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2