Sign in to follow this  
robert young

High Quality Glider for MSFS 2020

Hello,

Health and time allowing, I would love to team up with someone to produce a high quality glider, with a decent yaw string, proper adverse yaw and a well crafted model and excellent interior which together evoke an immersive and atmospheric gliding experience. FS2020 has some wonderful landscapes for gliding heaven except for the missing thermals but they will no doubt emerge in the future. There is already some ridge lift.

If anyone feels they have the 3d modelling skills and is interested, please send me a message and we can discuss the possibility. Thank you.

Robert

• Like 4

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

That would be great.  Wolfgang Piper did some nice models I flew in FSX.  If someone has the skills to produce gliders like those in MSFS with it's better flight dynamics it would be fantastic.  There is a Discus over at flightsim.to, but I haven't got around to trying the latest release yet.

I don't know whether it would be possible to rebuild Wolfgang's base models for MSFS with his permission.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

11 hours ago, cianpars said:

That would be great.  Wolfgang Piper did some nice models I flew in FSX.  If someone has the skills to produce gliders like those in MSFS with it's better flight dynamics it would be fantastic.  There is a Discus over at flightsim.to, but I haven't got around to trying the latest release yet.

I don't know whether it would be possible to rebuild Wolfgang's base models for MSFS with his permission.

I'm aware of the two gliders currently available. One has a yaw string that works but the gauges are somewhat rudimentary. The other one doesn't appear to have a yaw string though maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see one. Both gliders don't seem to have much adverse yaw which is quite essential when simulating a glider. I'm looking for a 3d modeller who can offer a high quality interior and exterior with excellent gauges.

I realise this would take a lot of work 😉

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

What happened to the DA62 mod? Will it be released at some point? Thanks.

Due to illness it was delayed. But I'm on the last lap now and it shouldn't be too long.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This would be a welcome addition and whilst I do make some 3D stuff, I suspect you'd better off with someone more used to making MSFS stuff. I did make a Puchacz once for FS9, but that's a long time ago now so I'm sure there are better modelers than me out there lol.

You are of course right about the adverse yaw on gliders, in my experience on the real things you practically have to shove the rudder pedal through the floor to get them into a turn without going sideways since there is no propwash on the rudder and the long wingspan of gliders accentuates the effect.

If you have the model built (or will have at some point) you might want to also consider porting it into Aerosoft's new Glider Flight Simulator, or maybe Condor, since these of course do simulate all the types of lift a glider makes use of. And on the subject of this, you might want to try reaching out to the people who frequent the forums related to these sims, since there will presumably be some good glider model makers on these forums given the amount of add-on gliders there are for Condor.

Link to the Condor forum.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 4/30/2021 at 11:17 AM, Chock said:

This would be a welcome addition and whilst I do make some 3D stuff, I suspect you'd better off with someone more used to making MSFS stuff. I did make a Puchacz once for FS9, but that's a long time ago now so I'm sure there are better modelers than me out there lol.

You are of course right about the adverse yaw on gliders, in my experience on the real things you practically have to shove the rudder pedal through the floor to get them into a turn without going sideways since there is no propwash on the rudder and the long wingspan of gliders accentuates the effect.

If you have the model built (or will have at some point) you might want to also consider porting it into Aerosoft's new Glider Flight Simulator, or maybe Condor, since these of course do simulate all the types of lift a glider makes use of. And on the subject of this, you might want to try reaching out to the people who frequent the forums related to these sims, since there will presumably be some good glider model makers on these forums given the amount of add-on gliders there are for Condor.

Link to the Condor forum.

Thanks for the info about the Aerosoft product Alan. I hadn't been aware of it. It looks graphically far better quality than Condor 2 and the exterior glider modelling looks to be top notch. I notice the scenery seems to lack mountains (it looks pretty flat) which is a pity as slope lift is as important as thermal lift. The release is scheduled for late May but given there is only one preview video and no interior shots that seems to point to a lot to achieve in a short time.

I do use Condor 2 but the total lack of AI (as far as I am aware) plus the incredibly primitive scenery, rather poor cloud visuals and aircraft exteriors and interiors that look like something out of a windows 95 game from 15+ years ago, puts me right off an otherwise promising sim. There is huge potential for a high quality glider in MS 2020 and I hope that Asobo is working on one, as their 3d modelling and aircraft texturing is also of a high standard.

Cheers.