Sign in to follow this  
KevyKevTPA

Help needed... ATC doesn't want to talk any more

As you can see in the image below, everything appears to be in order, except ATC doesn't want to talk back to me.  Last time I had issues you wanted a log, but I don't remember where to find them, so please let me know that info, and I'll either post a link, or email it at your option.

I've tried this several times, with the same result in all occasions...  ATC just remains silent, even when I build a phrase for the copilot to "say it", thus taking speech to text conversions out of the loop of potential issues.  I can't promise that the log I provide will match this photo exactly, but it will be an identical situation with the same results.  The issue has survived reboots, updates to the aircraft (which is the A32NX if that matters, but it's worked flawlessly with that since forever), multiple restarts to both the sim and p2ATC, and just about any other basic troubleshooting step you might think of.  Or, at least any troubleshooting step the *I* thought of!

I get the "we understood what you said" chime, just no responses, and I've tried multiple frequencies, from clearance to ground to tower, all met with silence.  Not even to tell me I'm on the wrong frequency.  In this picture it's not the case, but there have been times where the "Paused" box was clicked, but even unpausing it made no difference.

PS...  This would be easier if we could just directly upload an image, I tried imgur, I tried a link to my One Drive, and finally I had to post it on Facebook to get a link that this forum liked.  Of course all my FB friends are wondering just what this is and why in the heck I posted it in the first place LOL...

178459033_10221376517456973_584792817994

Based on what you are describing, the only thing I can think of is that the program became corrupt some how.

Try downloading and installing a fresh copy of the latest update.  That should replace all the code files.

If that doesn't work, you need to install a fresh full copy.

Dave

I was actually about to do just that, when I discovered that unchecking the "pause when the sim is paused" box somehow fixed it.  How, well, maybe you can tell me, because I'm sure I have NO idea whatsoever.  But since I did that, every attempt to use p2A has been successful.

Go figure.  F-ing computers, the things we love, but also love to hate at the same time.

Thanks, I'll circle back if it comes back...  AFTER I reinstall from scratch.