Sign in to follow this  
Koponen

Pilot2ATC - Off Course on Arrival

Hi Dave,

First of all, thanks for an amazing product - this has brought my MS2020 experience to another level.

Lately, I have been having a few problems with arrivals in P2A. For realism, I have ATC assigning SID, STAR and approach and once the ATC assigns STAR and approach mid-flight, I load them into my FMC and update the P2A flight plan so that the two match. I then validate the flight plan in P2A again as this seems to be the correct way to sync the P2A map. However, after the first STAR waypoint, the P2A says I'm off course and turns me pretty much 90 degrees left or right. Usually I then end up requesting vectors to the assigned runway which works absolutely fine. I have made sure that the flight plans in both P2A and the FMC match exactly so I have no idea why P2A keeps saying I'm off course. I have also made sure that my course deviation is set to, for example, 2.5 NM rather than the default.

Most recently this happened on a flight from ENGM to EKCH with a flight plan ENGM OKSA4A OKSAT L996 ERNOV ERNO1E EKCH (the apparent deviation happened right after ERNOV and P2A turned me left which was the wrong way). This has also been happening on flights from ESSA to EFHK and vice versa.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kasper

When you say P2A turned you left, what do you mean?  Did P2A tell you that you were off course and give you a heading left of what you were flying?

I probably would need to see the P2A Log File in order to try and figure out what's going on.  Please email the file to me at admin@pilot2atc.com and reference this post.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the swift reply - I have now sent you the relevant log file. Regarding your question, P2A said I'm off course (which was not true to my understanding) and told me to turn left  heading X which was even more off course. As mentioned, similar issues have also occurred with other routes.

/Kasper

Hi guys,

Same for me. That is the same problem I raised in another topic I guess.