Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

This Yanks My Chain!

Pine Trees In North Dakota!!Come on....this is one of the biggest things that EERRRKS me! FS9's autogen placement (trees at least) was FAR superior to FSX's...I hope this is addressed in the SP1There should be deciduous (sp?) trees in ND, though yes, there are a FEW conifers, in most of the US I see pine treeshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164834.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's an old vintage restoration project LOL!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest FxF3

:-lol Now that was funny. Maybe somebody will tweak the autogen file one day. Would be a big project to get all the trees lined up in the right places. Still I have seen many a great projects done by the great talented people here at AVSIM.

Guest Stoopy

Indeed, an outrage. There are arboreal limits to what can be coped with in terms of realism, and this goes well beyond the line. While attempting to land at Gilroy CA, couldn't help but notice that among the various Willow, Cypress and Birch variants, there was also a Larch...yes, a Larch, right in plain sight!!! Can you imagine???!!Absolutely preposterous, considering that garlic is recognized as Gilroy's agricultural mainstay. Had no choice but to abort the ILS approach completely and land at the alternate.:)

Guest unitedpilot36

>Indeed, an outrage. There are arboreal limits to what can be>coped with in terms of realism, and this goes well>beyond the line. While attempting to land at Gilroy CA,>couldn't help but notice that among the various Willow,>Cypress and Birch variants, there was also a Larch...yes, a>Larch, right in plain sight!!! Can you imagine???!!>>Absolutely preposterous, considering that garlic is recognized>as Gilroy's agricultural mainstay. Had no choice but to abort>the ILS approach completely and land at the alternate.> :-lol I guess I can't complain with tree placement. We actually have pine trees in Idaho. lolNow if there were palm trees in Idaho in FSX, well, then I'd complain.

Guys, remember, FSX is somewhat "forward looking". That is, it is one or two years ahead of the technology to run it, and the same amount of time in terms of the weather and forestation. If "Global Warming" and El Nino keep on track as they have this year, I reckon that FSX will pretty much have it right in two years time. Pines in ND, Palms in Boise, cactus in Richland, Oregon, and Cattails in Canberra. :)

It's another British Invasion. They've already occupied Dickinson, Minot, and the DeHavilland Chipmunks are doing COIN operations around Fargo.Regarding the pine trees, there is now an FSX-version of EZ-Landclass by Russel Dirks, and it would allow you to change this quite easily.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Maybe everyone's offsetting their emissions by planting pine forests....

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I spot several shrubs in that screenshot too.Where are the Knights who say ... NI?NINI