Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Airliner passenger throws coins in jet engine for good luck

The preflight inspection crew noticed coins sprinkled around on the ground and investigated before take off.

In China. His first flight ever. Was arrested. I guess he's off for a stint in a 're-education' camp.

https://arynews.tv/en/man-coins-plane-engine/

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Not exactly "3 Coins in a Fountain".  🤔

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You are quite right ... it was six coins into what looks like a fountain.  Very easy mistake to make for a wary or nervous passenger on a first flight..

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

The report says it was a bizarre incident, but unfortunately it's not that bizarre, nor rare. It actually happens fairly regularly when poorly educated people in countries where such offering traditions are not uncommon don't really understand the significance of what they are doing, and so you can't really blame them even though what they are doing is of course incredibly dangerous.

Not the worst thing I've ever seen on a ramp anyway. I once had to pull up a guy who was operating the fuel pump truck after I saw him taking a drag on one of those electronic cigarettes, then explain to him that whilst it might not actually be a lit cigarette, it still has a piezo-electric heater element in it to boil the liquid. So it's probably not the best idea to be using one when leaning against a fuel truck. And that was a guy who really should have not needed to be told that, so you can't blame someone who doesn't really know much about aeroplanes chucking a few coins at it for luck. Having said that, we once refueled a big Antonov at Manchester, and all the crew were stood on the tail ramp of the thing smoking cigs lol. Russkies don't give a toss about all that stuff, they'd have probably let you have the aeroplane if you'd have given them a couple of grand. 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Probably worth more than that in scrap!

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

It's a cultural thing and maybe one day the people operating these airports will learn to use covered stairways or at least put up a barrier to prevent passengers from making offerings to the engines.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

What security. Lot of potential for much worse incursions.

Maybe he was giving the plane a tip?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

When I saw the topic list I just knew it was going to be China. 

Then I clicked on the topic. 

14ppkc-6.png