Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Motion reprojection now 22.5 FPS!

hmm, this would be great. I haven't been able to get it to work at anything below 30fps. I've updated WMR and Developer tools to what I think are the latest (will double check). I wonder if there's a staggered update?

Can anyone confirm it's working at 22.5 for you?

Thanks for sharing that btw 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

hmm, this would be great. I haven't been able to get it to work at anything below 30fps. I've updated WMR and Developer tools to what I think are the latest (will double check). I wonder if there's a staggered update?

Can anyone confirm it's working at 22.5 for you?

Thanks for sharing that btw 🙂

I will test later today. Did you enable preview mode? 

I checked my OpenXR and it is already version 15001, so apparently it updates automatically. I used no OpenXR modifications last weeks, so now changed to Preview mode ON, kept Render scale 100%, and turned MP ON AUTO. Results with my G2 10900K and RTX3090, HAGS ON and 465.89 : motion IN cockpit is indeed much better, smoother when I turn my head or move laterally. But: when looking through the moving propellor (Vertigo, JF Piper Arrow III), the view now is very wobbly, when taxiing FPS varies rythmically looking outside, a bit less so when flying. Also tried render scale 100/80 and 80/100, but no improvement in this regard (despite better overall fps).. MP ALWAY ON also did not help. Restarted FS2020 after every change in OpenXR. For me for now: I keep my old settings. Don't want to change NVIDIA drivers again as they work fine/better for the rest of FS2020 and my other games. Keep up the good work!!

PS I see there is a new Nvidia driver out, will try that one with the MP on.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

12 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

But: when looking through the moving propellor (Vertigo, JF Piper Arrow III), the view now is very wobbly, when taxiing FPS varies rythmically looking outside,

First part is known artefacts, just use a mod to fix that.

Taxiing issue, this is because you cant maintain the fps with motion shooting enabled, it uses more cpu resources. 

P.s. yes I’ve often switched preview on and off to see if there’s a difference. I’ve never seen a difference at any point. Have you?

I

37 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

P.s. yes I’ve often switched preview on and off to see if there’s a difference. I’ve never seen a difference at any point. Have you?

I don;t see a difference.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

as time goes on, the more i think the fps counter and stats are not matching the video output. I wonder if the chap in the video is actually running at 30 and above?

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Tried, still stuttery for me. Better without.

Same here. It even shimmers in the low GPU load menus.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I'm able to run with it on for most of my flying, and it works really well imo, but I'm getting 30fps or more to start with. I used my camera to record it and go frame by frame. Where it drops below 30 it stutters.

For it to work smoothly, I need to use driver 457.30 or 466.27, HAGS off and Game Mode off, anything else and there's a lot of stutter

Without reprojection on, it doesn't matter what settings I use above as it seems to not affect my performance.

Edited by dogmanbird