Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 29th, 2021 - Development Update

APRIL 29TH, 2021 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

zerch00.jpeg

Screenshot by zerch00

The Top Rudder 103 ultralight plane developed by Asobo Studio came out yesterday and is available for $9.99 in the Marketplace! We hope you enjoy it, and feel free to leave any feedback here. Check out the trailer here:

An updated Development Roadmap is now available as well. Have a great week! 

– The MSFS team

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version.

DR_hyt543.jpg

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version.

e8ilkj.jpgdli675.jpgc65ytu.jpgb8i6u.jpga6yhjg.jpg

KEY:

SU = Sim Update (3, 4, etc.)

WU = World Update

ASAP = As Soon as Possible

TBD = To Be Determined

Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates

Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on

Planned = Scheduled to be worked on

Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into the issue

Not Planned = We will likely not work on this

Started = Work as started on this item

THIRD PARTY UPDATE

• As of 04/24, we have now approved 159 (+10) third parties to sell content in the in-sim marketplace and so far 81 (+2) have released 334 products (+16).
  • In total, 870 products (+25) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 317 products (+5) from 3rd party developers are in production (190 announced, 127 unannounced). In total, over 1,187 3rd party products (+24) are either released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 749 airports (+9) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 550 airports (+8) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 278 airports (+15) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 94 airports (+3) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 105 airports (-2) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 135 aircraft (+6) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 34 aircraft (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 24 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 79 aircraft (+3) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 22 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 276 sceneries (+15) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 259 sceneries (+14) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 22 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 17 sceneries (+1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 27 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 27 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.

SDK UPDATE

• Documentation:
    • We made some changes on the Flight Model section, created a Flights & Missions section, added a page about ice on aircraft models, and updated flightmodel.cfg with new parameters. More to come!
  • Dev Mode:
    • We fixed the “add custom asset group” window which wouldn’t close when creating a new non-templated asset group.
    • We fixed the font displayed in the release notes window.
    • The Audio team fixed a shared convolution IR which didn’t load in Wwise remote and added Built-in Emitter & Listener cone game-parameters.
    • In the Scenery Editor, we fixed the windsocks with the wrong orientation, and we fixed ‘`’ char being filtered in taxiway sign content text entry.
  • SimConnect:
    • We added the GEAR_SKIDDING_FACTOR SimVar.

MARKETPLACE

There are 21 new products and 8 updated products in the Marketplace today.

Released Wednesday, 4/28:

image009-3.png

Releasing Thursday, 4/29:

21 NEW PRODUCTS

image010-3.png

image011-3.png

image012-3.png

image013-3.png

image014-3.png

image015-3.png

image016-3.png

image017-3.png

image018-3.png

image019-3.png

image020-3.png

image021-3.png

image022-3.png

image023-2.png

image024-2.png

image025-2.png

image026-2.png

image027-3.png

image028-2.png

image029-2.png

image030-1.png

8 UPDATED PRODUCTS

image001.png

image002-3.png

image003-4.png

image004-3.png

image005-3.png

image006-4.png

image007-4.png

image008-3.png

banner-1.svg

TWITCH UPDATE

Tomorrow, join community manager Jayne and Twitch streamer ForderLearntoFly for the next C152 flying lesson: Forward Slip and Flapless Landings! 2pm PST.

COMMUNITY VIDEO

Check out this stunning aerial tour of France/Benelux. Enjoy!

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot of “Peace and Quiet”. The winner is featured above. Below are our 10 runner up choices! This week’s Screenshot Challenge: Best Kept Secret 

Last challenge’s Finalists:

HolmesCZ6127-1-scaled.jpeg

Screenshot by HolmesCZ6127

Steeler2340-4.jpeg

Screenshot by Steeler2340

Renoi71.png

Screenshot by Renoi71

ebbsy2.jpeg

Screenshot by ebbsy2

MarinerHally.jpeg

Screenshot by MarinerHally

SnagglePss68.jpeg

Screenshot by SnagglePss68

Schnemat.jpeg

Screenshot by Schnemat

Jannik207.jpeg

Screenshot by Jannik207

HeKa48-scaled.jpg

Screenshot by HeKa48

Filippo20032222-2.jpeg

Screenshot by VFilippo20032222

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 5.06

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 11

As usual thanks for the update 😉.

I am seeing it wrong or are we going to see a sim update this month, wasn't it supposed to be delayed to June and shipped with world update?

• Like 1

I thought they will release SU4 with WU5 as they mentioned in the last Q&A? Anyway, if it is going to be SU4 in May, I am looking forward to it and in the same time, having stomachache 😅

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Seasons - was 2021 recently changed to "2022" 😞

Edited by KERNEL32
  • Like 1

Why is #1 on the Wishlist the FBW 320??  Not quite sure what the wish is for....we have access to it now.  What am I missing here??

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 minute ago, bendead said:

As usual thanks for the update 😉.

I am seeing it wrong or are we going to see a sim update this month, wasn't it supposed to be delayed to June and shipped with world update?

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

I thought they will release SU4 with WU5 as they mentioned in the last Q&A? Anyway, if it is going to be SU4 in May, I am looking forward to it and in the same time, having stomachache 😅

Indeed it was. I don't think they would for any reason decide to split the branches again, so it probably is a mistake on the roadmap (wouldn't be the first time). Hopefully this will be clarified soon.

1 minute ago, KERNEL32 said:

Seasons - was Summer 2021 now "2022" 😞

Before it was just 2021, so it might have only been delayed from late 2021 to early 2022 or something. It was certainly not coming in the summer alongside the major DirectX 12 update and Xbox launch.

2 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Why is #1 on the Wishlist the FBW 320??  Not quite sure what the wish is for....we have access to it now.  What am I missing here??

I'm thinking that this wish will be fulfilled when it's released on the Marketplace.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

Seasons - was 2021 recently changed to "2022" 😞

Seasons might have turned out to be more difficult than they thought initially. Asobo certainly made some stabs into that field but may have ran into obstacles.

None of the present competitors has shader-based seasons in the core sim. I am not that well-informed, but are there any addons for the other sims successfully having implemented shader-based seasons (contrary to pure texture-based ones)?

Meanwhile, Bijan is doing a great job with the trees which I really enjoy, but as we all know that's only part of the game. I hope, Asobo doesn't consider it a relieve.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

Asobo certainly made some stabs into that field but may have ran into obstacles.

Kind regards, Michael

Speaking of "obstacles" I noticed those (powerlines/obstacles) also quietly went from 2021 to 2022 😞 

I know there are more pressing "issues", but those are issues and not wishes. Oh well, good things come to those who wait!

Edited by KERNEL32
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

I know there are more pressing "issues", but those are issues and not wishes. Oh well, good things come to those who wait!

They aren't really making any progress on the issues either.  I'm honestly not sure what 200 people are supposedly doing at this point.  Certainly not any work that is customer-facing. 

Where's the darn particle effects system they have been faffing on about since literally the week the sim came out?

Hopefully they are re-writing the Alpha that Microsoft forced them to ship into something workable....hopefully....

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

4 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Where's the darn particle effects system they have been faffing on about since literally the week the sim came out?

Given that particle effects without ray tracing are guaranteed to hammer performance and how many people (not me thankfully) have performance issues even with the current feature set, it is not surprising this one is delayed.

A big part of the top50 wish list have now been set to be released in 2021. I find that pretty awesome.  If they release on time and with quality this will be very good. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

7 minutes ago, espent said:

A big part of the top50 wish list have now been set to be released in 2021. I find that pretty awesome.  If they release on time and with quality this will be very good. 

🤣

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Seasons might have turned out to be more difficult than they thought initially. Asobo certainly made some stabs into that field but may have ran into obstacles.

None of the present competitors has shader-based seasons in the core sim. I am not that well-informed, but are there any addons for the other sims successfully having implemented shader-based seasons (contrary to pure texture-based ones)?

Xenviro for X Plane does winter with shaders.

Edited by Gilandred
  • Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Meanwhile, Bijan is doing a great job with the trees which I really enjoy, but as we all know that's only part of the game. I hope, Asobo doesn't consider it a relieve.

Kind regards, Michael

My guess is that seasons simply got backburnered in favour of more pressing stuff they want to get in or fix first, in response to feedback.

• Upvote 1