Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 29th, 2021 - Development Update

Wrong thread.. Delete

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

8 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Guess again! 😂 DX12U release window is '2021' that's all we know. Microsoft removed 'Summer 2021' from the release window for this update many months ago.

We’re all saying DX12U but have they confirmed it is Ultimate and not just vanilla DX12?

Edited by scotchegg

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, scotchegg said:

We’re all saying DX12U but have they confirmed it is Ultimate and not just vanilla DX12?

I believe Xbox Series X uses DX12U, so perhaps people are extrapolating from that.

13 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yes, like the release of the Top Rudder 103 ultralight plane. 🙄😆

Different people within the team, and also a prerogative for their actual business (making an add-on to sell), versus adding free post-release stuff people want.

In terms of the team(s) working on implementing new features or fixing/enhancing existing ones, I'm guessing seasons were pushed back in favour of other priorities - but the business side of things doesn't just stop in the meantime.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Scottoest said:

Different people within the team, and also a prerogative for their actual business (making an add-on to sell), versus adding free post-release stuff people want.

Heard that excuse before. Won’t get in to it any further. I’m sure others will....

On 4/30/2021 at 2:16 AM, pmb said:

Seasons might have turned out to be more difficult than they thought initially. Asobo certainly made some stabs into that field but may have ran into obstacles.

And Jörg has set ambitious goal poasts. He mentioned early on that seasons is more than just changing foliage and colour correcting images. He was also talking about stuff like wet and dry periods and even stuff like bird migrations.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

The low level lighting didn't need changing.

I disagree strongly.

There were huge patches, for example in desert countries like Bahrain where the desert was basically glowing in the dark, as if there was some huge spotlight being turned on somewhere.

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

And Jörg has set ambitious goal poasts. He mentioned early on that seasons is more than just changing foliage and colour correcting images. He was also talking about stuff like wet and dry periods and even stuff like bird migrations.

As I recall it was Wloch who said that and not Neuman, and believe me, the mindset of a French engineer and  the one from an American game producer without technical background  are far, far apart 😄.  As we can see in the implementation (or lack thereof) of some of the goal posts which were publicized in 2019.

The bird migrations thing (and hibernating bears ! ) was a little tongue-in-cheek. At least I hope.

But it is reasonable to think that changing seasons for whole planet imagery is a daunting task, worth a specific DLC. I lived in places for instance where winter had an almost  continuous overcast and snow, some others where there was snow but we had some sun, some  where it was dry, sunny and the trees were blooming, some very dry with sand winds etc etc. 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

I disagree strongly.

There were huge patches, for example in desert countries like Bahrain where the desert was basically glowing in the dark, as if there was some huge spotlight being turned on somewhere.

Well you can disagree as strongly as you like obviously, but I think you are disagreeing with the wrong thing.  The glowing effect obviously needed changing, but I am on about the low level lighting in towns and cities etc. the point light sources (roads etc.), not the glowing effect.  

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

So on the ATC phraseology item, what does “Matches FAA” mean? Are they saying what they already have matches FAA phraseology or that they would like to make it match FAA? 

Chris

4 hours ago, snglecoil said:

So on the ATC phraseology item, what does “Matches FAA” mean? Are they saying what they already have matches FAA phraseology or that they would like to make it match FAA? 

Status - Matches FAA

Release - SU4

It means this specific feature will come with the Sim Update 4, aimed to be released later this month.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 8:50 PM, Baber20 said:

I guess we will see Xbox release in June with DX12U update for pc coming in July with Sim Update 5.

The SDK Q&A implied PC would get DX12 before Xbox, or at least it would get it first for testing 

Edited by Tuskin38