Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Ooops I think I broke it..

Thought you boys may enjoy this slight mishap in my flying schedule..

I tried importing one of my favourite FSX add-ons - the MB-326. I used the Legacy Importer thing.

All was fine until I attempted to take-off. And land.

And at the end enjoy my first ground-loop in a tricycle undercarriage aircraft. It was not deliberate. Oh well back to the drawing-board! At least the Live Weather was nice. Even if there was zero turbulence. Again.

Have any of you successfully imported  an FSX aircraft into this new software?

Strangely it handled much better using the "MODERN" setting. It was barely controllable (as you can see at start of the video) using the "LEGACY" or "FSX" setting.

Edited by TrafficPilot
  • Like 1

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

There is a guy at our local aeroclub who has a commercial licence and does occasional charters.

According to him he did an early morning winter flight into a grass strip in some Beech twin or other and had not realised there were trees shading the end of the runway which meant it was still covered in ice from frost.

Anyway he apparently ground looped at very low speed (just a few knots) and ended up facing back up the runway with no damage done, so he just taxied back up to the parking spot so the passengers could disembark.   Apparently the passengers thought the ground loop was intentional as they congratulated him on the skilful way he turned the plane around at the end of the runway.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There is a guy at our local aeroclub who has a commercial licence and does occasional charters.

According to him he did an early morning winter flight into a grass strip in some Beech twin or other and had not realised there were trees shading the end of the runway which meant it was still covered in ice from frost.

Anyway he apparently ground looped at very low speed (just a few knots) and ended up facing back up the runway with no damage done, so he just taxied back up to the parking spot so the passengers could disembark.   Apparently the passengers thought the ground loop was intentional as they congratulated him on the skilful way he turned the plane around at the end of the runway.

That Sir is a brilliant FLUKE - What a save!

FSUK.jpg

22 minutes ago, TrafficPilot said:

Have any of you successfully imported  an FSX aircraft into this new software?

Yup, quite a lot, and generally speaking I've had more success with FSX add-ons than P3D ones since the legacy importer tends to prefer older non-3d gauges. Here's a few:

8n8JtTX.jpg

rFpyGsa.png

Kfc01Nm.png

r4mhcPu.png

JysVRjI.png

vGK2JNE.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Chock is that the Just Flight Lightning?

I tried to import mine from my FSX installation but the engines wouldn't start *sob*

That B-17 is booooootiful!

FSUK.jpg

Yup, it's the Just Flight one. I had to faff about a bit with the settings in the MSFS Legacy Importer and it's very hard to get it off the deck (turning crash detection off is fairly necessary), but if you can get the thing off the ground then it goes like a bat out of hell and pretty much everything in the VC works.

Alan Bradbury

Ta for info. I'll try again and go through all the importer options.

Are you flying it using the Legacy flight model?

FSUK.jpg

Just now, TrafficPilot said:

Ta for info. I'll try again and go through all the importer options.

Are you flying it using the Legacy flight model?

Yup

Alan Bradbury